The Amazing Benefits of Using a Yogurt and Lemon Mask
This yogurt and lemon mask is a homemade beauty treatment that, according to popular beliefs, can contribute to skin health and even relieve certain discomforts, such as redness.
Yogurt would provide a cleansing, moisturizing, and soothing foundation, while the lemon would thoroughly cleanse the skin, which would help reduce any impurities.
The main advantages of this home mask are:
- It’s easy to make. Just mix the ingredients and apply to your skin. You can make this affordable face mask in just under two minutes.
- It’s environmentally friendly. The ingredients are all natural and contribute to nutrients in the soil as well as environmental care.
Below, we’ll tell you more about this popular homemade mask to encourage you to take advantage of it at home, when you want to pamper yourself. Take note!
Benefits of the yogurt and lemon mask
In the popular sphere, it’s considered that yogurt, as it’s a probiotic food that contains several nutrients, can improve skin health. On the other hand, it’s believed that, due to its smooth and easy-to-handle texture, it’s great for preparations.
When applied to clean and dry skin, it’s believed to do the following:
- Deep exfoliation. Yogurt eliminates dead skin cells and facilitates cellular regeneration.
- It can help reduce redness or spots caused by the sun and aging, while also calming irritated skin.
- Visibly reduces blemishes and scars.
- Cleans and minimizes the appearance of pores.
- Softens your skin and adds firmness, because it stimulates collagen production.
- An ideal treatment for acne and blackheads.
- Improves your skin’s appearance, adding luminosity and a fresh look.
On the other hand, it’s considered that lemon, as it’s an acidic food rich in vitamin C and other nutrients, can help fully cleanse the skin and reduce its impurities.
Generally, what’s used is its juice. However, researchers have found that lemon essential oil could really provide skin health benefits.
When you apply lemon juice to the skin of your face (clean and dry), alone or with other products such as yogurt, it’s believed to have the following benefits:
- Facilitates the removal of dead skin cells and accelerates cellular regeneration.
- Improves the elasticity of your skin by stimulating the production of collagen.
- Cleans the skin, fights acne, and reduces imperfections.
You might like: Home Remedies for Reducing Wrinkles
How to make a yogurt and lemon mask
The yogurt and lemon mask is generally made with the juice of this fruit. However, some people use a few drops of lemon essential oil instead. It’s very easy to make, as you’ll see below:
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt (40 g)
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice (15 ml)
- Extract the lemon juice.
- Combine the yogurt and lemon juice with a spoon to make a homogeneous mixture, which will be the yogurt and lemon mask.
- Distribute the mask in circular movements around your face and neck, using your middle and ring fingers.
- Avoid applying this around your eyes, as this area is delicate and you shouldn’t irritate it.
- Leave the mask on for a few minutes.
- Rinse your face with plenty of water.
- Finally, apply a moisturizing cream.
Tips and suggestions
- If you’re going to apply lemon juice on your skin, make sure you do it at night. When exposed to the sun, lemon on your skin can cause spots to appear.
- Before using this mask, wash your face and neck thoroughly with warm water to get the best results.
- You can transform this mask into a natural exfoliant by adding a tablespoon of honey, brown sugar, or oats to the recipe.
- Don’t make too much of this mixture at once. It’s best to prepare a new batch for each application. If not, it can go bad (even in the refrigerator).
- Don’t use fruit-filled or flavored yogurt. Instead, use only plain and homemade yogurt.
What’s most appropriate?
Although popular wisdom offers this type of home skin care treatment, it’s important to always keep in mind that the best thing to do is to consult a dermatologist and follow their instructions.
You must remember that, although it can be beneficial in some cases, in others, the application of this mask can be counterproductive on certain types of skin and can cause redness, spots, swelling, etc.