They are little, with intense flavor and add a delicious freshness to salads. If you love radishes too, you’re in luck. Why? Your health and body will thank you for it.
There are many types of radishes – white, red, purple, black and even green (we know that wasabi comes from a kind of spicy radish).
Curiously, even the oil that comes from the radish seeds is very healthy. It is used in many skin products, such as for vitiligo.
They are cheap and easy to find at the supermarket. We recommend that you eat them while fresh, organically grown and in salads.
Your body will experience positive changes. Below we’ll explain its benefits.
1. Radishes Are Good For Your Liver
Radishes are very good for a healthy liver. They are detoxifying and rid the blood of toxins and waste.
Discover this homemade celery and apple weight loss shake
- For example, those who suffer from jaundice benefit from how it can control and reduce their level of bilirubin.
- Radishes also protect our red blood cells, improving oxygen flow in your blood.
2. Reduce Urinary Tract Infections
As well all know, women often get urinary tract infections. But something so simple as adding radishes to salads on a regular basis can protect against this common problem.
- Radishes are diuretic and naturally increase production of urine.
- They are also very antibacterial, great at fighting infections and protecting the kidneys.
One way to prevent urinary tract infections is to drink this radish-based juice twice a week.
- 2 radishes
- Juice from 1 orange
- 5 strawberries
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- First we thoroughly wash the radishes and the strawberries. Then get the orange juice.
- You only need to thoroughly blend the radishes and the strawberries, then combine with the water and the natural orange juice.
- It is a shake with intense flavor – somewhat spicy – but ideal to protect the urinary tract.
Discover Health Properties of Cucumbers
3. Radishes Help with Weight Loss
Radishes are great in any healthy diet aimed at losing weight. They’re low in carbohydrates but very high in fiber, vitamin C, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
Nutrition experts recommend eating radishes for their benefits of stimulating weight loss as well as a healthy metabolism (transforming fat into energy).
4. Radishes and a Healthy Heart
Radishes are a large source of anthocyanin, a kind of flavonoid that gives them their color but also contributes to cardiovascular health.
- Anthocyanins have an exceptional ability to protect veins and arteries against hardening as well as inflammation.
- Eating all kinds of red or blue fruits and vegetables provide a good level of this kind of flavonoid.
5. Reduce Your Blood Pressure
This root is a substantial source of potassium. We know this mineral is essential in controlling blood pressure.
It also helps improve blood flow, leading to the correct distribution for the entire body.
To take the most advantage of these benefits, learn about this natural juice.
- 2 radishes
- 2 carrots
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
You already know the taste of these radish-based shakes is a little “intense.” But the effect is just as tasty as it is healthy. It’s worth trying.
- First, wash the radishes and the carrots thoroughly. Remember that it is always better to use organic plants, fruits and vegetables.
- Once clean, blend them to make juice. Then just combine with the glass of water.
Easy, inexpensive and with great medicinal benefits.
Visit this article: 5 natural methods to lower blood pressure
6. Care for Your Skin
The vitamin C, phosphorus, zinc and group B vitamins in radishes help care for your skin.
- Radish water (from boiling) also helps maintain a good level of moisture in the dermis.
- Interestingly, some even use raw radishes as a facial cleanser. Don’t forget that the cosmetic industry uses radishes for treating skin problems, given their disinfectant powers.
7. Strengthen Your Immune System
As you can see, there are many reasons why radishes are part of a healthy diet. However, one of the more important ones is its power to strengthen the immune system.
- They are incredibly rich in vitamin C that reinforce nature defenses and the “health” of white blood cells.
- Radishes not only strengthen the immune system, but also regulate our metabolism, assisting collagen synthesis and providing an essential protein that protects against atherosclerosis.
So…don’t forget to add radishes to your salads!