7 Reasons to Eat Tomatoes 7 Days a Week
If you're going to eat tomatoes and you want to get the most from them, it's best to cook them, because this way you increase their antioxidant and lycopene content.
There are many varieties of tomatoes and all of them are equally healthy, tasty and unbeatable to help us prepare the most delicious meals and incredible recipes. That said, some people are somewhat reluctant to eat tomatoes every day…
What if they give me heartburn? What if their alkaloid content acts as a trigger for migraines, headaches or joint pain?
Eating tomatoes daily but in moderation not only improves our health but also improves the quality of our dishes and the foods we eat.
However, there is one thing we mustn’t overlook: always eat organic tomatoes, and if you tend to use tomato sauce frequently, make it yourself with olive oil.
When you cook tomatoes their antioxidant power is strengthened, so don’t worry about eating this extraordinary vegetable.
Your health will thank you, and here are 7 reasons that without a doubt will convince you of this.
1. A highly nutritious and recommended food for the entire family
Sometimes we aren’t aware of all that certain foods, like tomatoes can do for us.
We don’t see their nutrients at first glance, but our body will thank us hugely for eating them every day because they have:
- Vitamins (A, C, K, B6, folic acid, thiamine)
- Minerals (potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, copper)
- Vegetable proteins
What more can we ask for?
Read this article too: How to Grow Tomatoes at Home
2. Tomatoes are good for your heart
Tomatoes contain a lot of fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and choline (a type of vitamin B). All these elements can reduce the risk of having cardiovascular diseases.
- Potassium, for example, is ideal for regulating blood pressure and preventing the danger associated with ischemic diseases.
- On the other hand, the lycopene found in tomatoes regulates the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and reduces the level of dangerous triglycerides in the blood.
We mustn’t forget that these kind of fats are to blame for the main cardiovascular diseases, as they lead to slow but progressive deposits of fats in our blood vessels.
3. Counteract the effect of cigarette smoke
Do you smoke? Do you work or live in an environment where there are smokers? If so, it’s advisable to eat one or two tomatoes a day.
- Two of the most important components of this fabulous food are coumaric acid and chlorogenic acid.
- These elements are very effective for fighting against the nitrosamines that are produced in the body.
- Nitrosamines are the main carcinogenic agents found in cigarette smoke.
Check out this article too: 9 Reasons to Drink Cucumber Water Every Day
4. Tomatoes improve your digestive health
Eating tomatoes on a regular basis helps you prevent constipation and diarrhea. Likewise, this is also a cleansing and detoxifying food.
Also, thanks to their fiber content, tomatoes stimulate the peristaltic movement of the digestive muscles and the release of gastric juices.
5. Fewer urinary infections
If you’re used to including tomatoes in your regular diet, you’ll notice having fewer urinary infections or them clearing up at a much faster rate.
Tomatoes contain a lot of water and potassium, which is ideal for stimulating urination and the elimination of toxins from the body, as well as excess water, salts, uric acid… They’re fabulous!
6. They are good for your vision
The vitamin A found in tomatoes helps to care for your vision. Also, it’s very good for preventing macular degeneration.
Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant that fights the negative effects of free radicals and looks after the health of your tissues.
7. Healthier skin
Not only will you have more elastic, toned and young skin, but also you’ll notice your teeth being healthier and your hair shinier.
- Incidentally, you’ll be glad to hear that tomato juice helps treat all kinds of burns, especially sunburns.
- Also, if you like to make yourself homemade face masks to help treat and prevent aging, then you can include grated tomato in your mixes.
It is a sensational remedy to care for the beauty of your skin.
To conclude, eating organic tomatoes regularly but in moderation is definitely good for the entire family. You can use your imagination and include them in your breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.