5 Natural Solutions to Treat Bruises
As long as there aren't complications, there are some home remedies and natural ingredients that can help treat bruises. In fact, some can even prevent bruising if you apply them in time.
In just a moment, you can take a blow to your arm or leg that will later turn into a large bruise. It’s so easy, and it’s something we’ve all experienced. That said, how can you treat bruises?
Bruises are no more than injuries that occur from a blow, fall or hit that causes a small break in the small blood vessels.
These bruises can take on different colors and shades. More commonly, they start off as purple because of the amount of blood that stays in the tissues. As time passes, it starts to disappear.
The recovery time for your skin will depend on how hard you were hit.
Characteristics of Bruises
There are diseases that make it easier to bruise. However, this usually only happens with very serious or rare diseases.
That said, not getting enough vitamins can also make you more prone to bruising. Any tap could mark your skin. Therefore, it’s very important to follow a healthy and balanced diet.
Next, let’s take a look at some home remedies to treat bruises.
Home Remedies to Treat Bruises
If you’ve had or usually have very dark bruises, you can treat them with the following remedies. They’re very effective techniques to treat bruises and improve their appearance.
1. Cold Meat
Surely you’ve seen this in many movies or TV series. It’s a funny image, but at the same time, it’s a very old and respected remedy.
They say that meat, particularly steak, helps absorb the mark that is about to form.
To use this remedy, we highly recommend that you don’t wait for the bruise to appear. Instead, apply the cold meat immediately so the bruise doesn’t form.
2. Ice Cubes
Be very careful when you use ice on bruises. Don’t put them directly on your skin because ice could actually irritate and burn it.
If you have an open wound, you shouldn’t apply ice. However, if you just have a bruise, you can put some ice cubes in a clean cloth or bag. Then, put it on the bruise to reduce swelling.
Did you know? Apple Cider Vinegar for a Sinus Infection
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
As many people say, apple cider vinegar is a miracle worker when it comes to natural remedies.
- To help reduce the bruising, dilute a splash of vinegar with cold water.
- Then, apply it to the affected area with a cotton ball.
You’ll see that the vinegar helps your blood circulate better. Gradually, the bruise will disappear.
4. Salt and Lemon
Lemons also help improve the appearance of your skin when you have a bruise.
- To make this homemade treatment, add freshly squeezed lemon juice with a little salt to a cloth.
- Apply it to the bruise.
- Then, leave it for 30 minutes.
5. Sunshine and Massages
The sun’s rays can be very helpful when treating bruises. Ultraviolet rays break down the bilirubin that causes bruising and leave that characteristic yellowish color.
In addition, if you massage the area gently carefully, you will help the bruise disappear and make your skin look healthy.
Read this article: 6 Body Parts You Should Massage
Tips to Treat Bruises
Now, we’ll tell you some of the best tips to take care of your skin when you take a blow to your arms or legs.
- The first goal is to prevent blows and not get bruises to begin with. Therefore, you must protect your body by wearing appropriate clothing at all times. For children, teach them to be careful when they play. They shouldn’t climb dangerous sites or play unsupervised.
- If a bruise does happen, elevate the affected area to help sooth the pain and pressure.
- Apply ice as soon as possible. This will relieve pain so that it doesn’t swell too much.
- Rest the area. For example, if you bruised your leg, avoid standing for long periods of time.
- If you get hit hard, you can take some pain killers for the pain. However, we don’t recommend taking aspirin for pain. Aspirin actually increases blood flow.
- Take more vitamin C so that bruises go away more easily.
- If you have a bruise, give it time and pay attention to how it’s healing. If it doesn’t improve or it gets worse, you should go to the emergency room to have a doctor look at it.
- Additionally, if you bruise your eyes and have trouble seeing, you must to go the doctor for an evaluation.
Don’t Forget to Take Care of Bruises to Prevent Complications
Bruises may scare you, but they’re also very common when you fall or get hurt. However, you have to know how to treat and cure them in the best way so that they don’t lead to major problems. Pay attention to this advice and try it out next time you need it.