3 Alkaline Foods That Keep You Healthy
Our wellbeing starts with our internal health. The most important thing is to have well-balanced blood. Alkaline foods are an essential way to maintain this internal harmony.
We have all heard of pH. This is the scale for alkalinity and acidity. This scale goes from 0 to 14. On our site, we have many articles that talk about the acidity or alkalinity our body has.
The level that is considered a good balance is 7.4.
However, common things like stress, bad eating habits, and a polluted environment can change our pH level. As a consequence, we start seeing health problems begin.
To prevent this from happening to you, listen to what we have to say. We want to share some remedies to take care of both your health and pH. It’s easier than you might think.
This article will tell you how to do it.
Every day alkaline foods
The alkaline remedies that we want to show you are easy to make. However, it’s important that you look for the best ingredients.
The lemons should always be organic. The same goes for the apple cider vinegar. You should always use purified water for these remedies. You can find all of these things in health food stores.
Purified water is better for you. Not only does it have a smoother taste, but it also has less chlorine and fluoride than other waters. However, if you can’t find purified water, mineral water will work as well.
We will share with you not only how to make these concoctions but also the best ways and best times to take them. Now, let’s take a look at some of the day-to-day remedies.
1. Alkaline foods in the morning: water with lemon, baking soda, and apple cider vinegar
This may seem like a strong drink to start our day with. The truth is, we can adjust the amount of ingredients to suit our taste. That way, we can discover all the benefits it has for our health.
It’s important to have this for breakfast when our stomachs are empty. This means our digestive system is more receptive and we can absorb more nutrients.
- This will detoxify our colon and intestines and help with digestion.
- By using this natural tonic, we will eliminate toxins and help our lymphatic system.
- Apple cider vinegar is great for reducing both hypertension and your triglyceride levels.
- All three of the ingredients in this recipe are great for balancing our alkalinity. This means both separately and together.
- 1 cup (200 ml) of purified water
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- Mix the baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice in the cup of water. If the lemon is too strong, like we said, you can adjust it to your liking.
- Make sure that the water is lukewarm. This will make it easier to drink.
2. Alkaline foods before lunch: water with lemon and pink Himalayan salt
This remedy made from Himalayan pink salt is very healthy, medicinal, and a good digestive.
To make it, you will need pink Himalayan salt. You can easily find this salt in health food stores. When you try it, you’ll find it indispensable.
- Combined with lemon, this remedy gives us a good amount of vitamins and minerals. Among them, we find vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectins, and minerals essential for your immune, digestive, and cardiovascular systems.
- Also, their essential oils have great antioxidant effects. In fact, they control your weight and fight liquid retention.
Another interesting point, this drink can also reduce headaches and stress.
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- a pinch (1 g) of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup (200 ml) purified water
- The first thing we need to do is to get the juice of half of lemon. Remember, the lemon should be organic.
- Then, mix the lemon juice and pink Himalayan salt into the cup of water.
- Let it rest for half an hour. Then, drink it before lunch or around noon. You can also have it when you feel tired or when you have a headache.
3. Alkaline foods for dinner: artichoke water with lemon
This is an easy alkaline remedy. In fact, we should try to make it every time we make artichokes. The water left behind after cooking this vegetable is full of good properties. It will really help our bodies if we can drink it.
- Combined with lemon, this water becomes a great way to take care of our liver and reduce cholesterol.
- Also, this alkaline water is full of vitamins. Because of this, it also helps us to control our weight.
Give this remedy a try!
- 4 cups (1 liter) of water
- 2 artichokes
- 1 lemon
- Start by boiling the water in a saucepan. Then add the artichokes and lemon cut into quarters.
- Leave it to cook until the artichokes are soft. Take the artichokes off of the heat. Strain the water.
When the water is cool, drink a glass before dinner. See just how good it makes you feel.