Vaseline is a natural extract of petroleum, which is why it is often referred to as petroleum jelly. It’s clear, of a dense texture and with no color or odor. Vaseline often plays a central role in beauty products and provides some surprising benefits.
From healing to everyday household problems (picture a squeaky door hinge), vaseline has proven its flexible as well as beneficial. Discover 20 uses for vaseline you may not have known about below!
Various uses for vaseline
- Fake eyelash glue: Apply a small amount of vaseline to the bottom of your fake eyelashes to help keep them firmly in place.
- Smooth feet: Add some vaseline to your feet each night and cover with socks for smooth and healthy glowing skin.
- Growing eyelashes: Add a small amount to your eyelashes with a cotton applicator each night and over time your eyelashes will appear longer and thicker.
- Knees and elbows: If you’ve got ashy or dry knees and elbows, vaseline can help rescue your skin. In addition to hydration, vaseline can help give your skin a smooth and even toned appearance.
- Dry lips: Exfoliate your lips and apply a small amount of vaseline daily to keep them hydrated and from refrying.
- Exfoliant: Mix a cup of sugar or sea salt with essential oil to vaseline and you’ll have a great exfoliant that moisturizes as well.
- Removing cuticles: When you’re giving yourself a manicure, try some vaseline to soften and remove the extra skin and cuticles around your nail bed.
- Lip stain: melt som vaseline with cocoa and place in a mold or jar to let harden. You’ll get a hydrating and colored lip stain with a pleasant taste.
- Massage: Use vaseline for a relaxing, hydrating and smoothing massage.
- Moisturizer: Let vaseline melt over a low heat or under a lamp, and smooth over skin that needs a little extra moisturizing help.
- Makeup remover: Instead of harsh chemicals, try a thin layer of vaseline to remove stubborn makeup.
- Hair removal: To calm irritation from shaving or waving, vaseline should be applied in a thin layer over the treated skin.
- Eyebrower setter: To keep your eyebrows thick and in place, try a small amount of vaseline.
- Dandruff: Apply a small amount to massage to your scalp before shampooing. Vaseline will help eliminate skin shedding and itching.
- Scars: To help diminish the appearance of scars after surgery or injury, apply vaseline daily as it helps regenerate skin cells.
- Creamy lipstick: Try mixing your lipstick with a small amount of vaseline to create a creamy and moisturizing lip enhancer.
- Poison or itch control: Apply a small amount to the area affected by poisonous plants or itchy insect bites to help ease the discomfort.
- Tattoos: Protect your tattoo and help your skin heal by adding a small amount to your tattoo. In addition, vaseline helps your skin preserve the color of your tattoo.
- Hair dying: Add vaseline along your hair line before you dye your hair to avoid staining your skin.
- Leather shine: To help your best leather shine, whether shoes or purses, massage in a small amount of vaseline.
- Sticky bottles: Apply a small amount to the lip of your bottles that tend to stick such as nail polish to help you quickly remove the cap the next time.
- Makeup stains: Did your foundation or eyeliner smear onto your clothes? No worries. Massage in a small amount of vaseline and simply rinse the stain away.
- Eye shadow: Want to experiment with new shades? Make a creamy eyeliner by mixing in powdered eye shadow to help your eyes shine.
So, what do you think about these uses for vaseline?