13 Reasons to Eat More Avocados
Avocados have great nutritional properties yet they’re unknown to many people because of their reputation as a fattening food. Despite containing more calories than many other foods, if eaten in moderation, avocados don’t cause weight gain in most people. In this article, we’ll explain 13 reasons why you should eat more avocados!
Avocados are known to help control cholesterol levels (HDL), and at the same time, due to their large amount of fiber, can satisfy the appetite and help improve constipation problems. Besides this, they also contain detoxifying properties that help control blood sugar levels.
This is an indispensable product for anyone who wants to have a healthy lifestyle; it is a food that supplies about 20 essential nutrients including fiber, a variety of vitamins, potassium, and more.
Avocados’ Properties: Why should I eat avocados more often?
Here are just some of the many health benefits of avocados:
- Rich in folic acid, an essential substance during pregnancy, providing both the baby and the mother key ingredients for their health and development.
- Major source of vitamin C which functions as an antioxidant, and it is important to recognize that antioxidants help prevent cancer, cardiovascular disease and other degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease (loss of memory) or the aging process.
- Contain large amounts of vitamin D, an essential vitamin for healthy bones.
- Also contain a high level of vitamin E, essential to the proper functioning of the neurological system.
- Help control cholesterol, by regulating the triglycerides and the Omega 3 that it contains removes the harmful cholesterol. Apart from this, the Omega 3 also benefits the eyes and the brain.
- Contain vitamins A, C, B-6, B-12 and K which help protect the immune, cognitive and nervous systems.
- And thanks to their vitamins, avocados are one of the foods that provide protection against cancer cells.
- Great supporter of the memory due to their fatty acids that provide benefits to the brain.
- Something that many people do not know about the avocado is that it has aphrodisiac properties, it becomes a natural aphrodisiac food, because the potassium and fiber it contains regulate the blood rate to correct level need for erectile function.
- The intake of avocado can also benefit your eyes, because the avocado has properties that can absorb ultraviolet rays from the sun, thus avoiding risks or damage to the retina, and it also protects the eyes from degenerative diseases.
- Due to their variety of vitamins, it acts as a shield against diseases and also revitalizes the skin and restores flexibility to it.
- Provide benefits in the area of oral health, as avocados contain many compounds that protect, find and destroy oral cancer cells and those that may interfere with the proper functioning of the body.
- Apart from offering multiple health benefits, avocados also offer weight loss benefits. This can be accomplished with a controlled consumption of avocado which will speed up the metabolism and control the levels of fat in the blood. It should be noted that excessive consumption of avocado can increase weight in some people, and this is why it is recommended to eat avocados in moderation, not constantly.
Avocados should be in your diet!
Avocados have great benefits and there are multiple ways of preparing them; they can be used in salty, sweet or spicy recipes; they can even be eaten by themselves, raw. One of the most popular dishes using avocados is guacamole, which can accompany a variety of meals.
Besides each of the benefits obtained by eating avocados, they can also be used as face and hair masks, because these will hydrate and revitalize the cells, providing flexibility to the skin and re-structuring, repair and essential nutrients for the scalp.
Eating avocados is highly recommended in vegetarian diets, because of their high nutritional value and healthy impact on the body. Eating this food during pregnancy and breastfeeding can aid each of the processes by providing nutrients needed for proper development of the fetus and proper nutrition after birth.
Given the above, a person who eats avocados has better health and also increases the absorption of valuable nutrients necessary for the functioning of the human body in each of its activities … Incredible, right?
What are you waiting for? Start eating more avocados!