The meaning of the colors you wear have much more of an effect on our daily lives than you may think. Believe it or not, everyone associates each color and shade with certain feelings and concepts.
The Psychology of Color
This field of research studies how colors affect us. After all, they can change our perception, alter our feelings and even our emotions.
In addition, colors have the power to improve our memory and attention. They also greatly influence the ideas and images that we have in certain places.
The psychology of color is an area that is still developing. However, knowing the background about the meaning of colors can help you take advantage of them.
It’s important that you recognize how you feel or the effect that you want to achieve every day. That way, you can determine what color is best for you to wear!
We recommend you read: The Dangers of Wearing Very Tight Clothes
Use Colors to Your Advantage
Although it may seem strange that we don’t only communicate verbally, we also communicate indirectly with how we dress and the colors we choose. We give off our emotions and represent who we really are through clothes.
Let’s take a look at the meaning behind many colors.
The Meaning of Colors
Colors influence your emotions and mental state. Additionally, they also interact with your memory, waking up certain feelings and guiding them.
- Yellow is the color of the sun, light, happiness, optimism, wisdom, intelligence, mental agility, and success.
- Red represents fire, excitement, passion, enchantment, attraction, capture, and emotions.
- Sky blue reflects serenity and coldness, cleanliness, friendship, loyalty, relaxation of the mind and tranquility. Dressing in blue makes you feel more certain and reliable.
- Green represents freshness, freedom, healing, hope, wellness and peace. All positive things are associated with green, as well as happiness. With the color green, you can advance yourself, make progress, and become more positive.
- White represents purity, innocence, light, and peace. The color white helps you clarify whatever seems dark and unclear and lift up whatever is depressed.
- Pink is a loving color and associated with naivety and femininity.
- Gray represents resignation, old age, and sobriety. It also may remind you of gray matter or elegance.
- Gold represents wealth, glamour, brightness, wisdom and luxury.
- Silver reflects nobility, distinction and money.
- Orange represents stability, birth, development, expansion and tranquility. Additionally, you may associate it with spring and nature. The color orange is pure energy.
- Purple reflects changes, renovation, spirituality, meditation and concentration. The color purple is the color that converts negative energy into something positive.
- Black represents seduction, power, luxury, force, mystery, sadness, and pain. Black isn’t always a negative color. It’s also a marvelous color to dress in and combine with any other color.
- Brown represents laziness, sluggishness, ugliness. Although its meaning may not be so good, brown is a color that has a great presence around us and can be associated with many things.
The power of colors
In addition, colors also affect how we make common and simple decisions. Ever since birth, we’ve all had a favorite color. Almost all things come in various colors. This is a great advantage!
Also, keep in mind that your favorite color won’t always be the color you choose for any given object, and you should be aware that it won’t always look good with everything.
Context is important to interpret and choose colors. Imagine seeing a law candidate with a fluorescent green suit. It wouldn’t make any sense. However, we can always try to innovate and experiment with extravagant and daring color combinations.
Combine colors according to your preferences, but keep color harmony in mind. For example, brown, gold, yellow, and orange represent autumn. However, brown combined with gray and black becomes very conservative and not very expressive.
There are colors that are more resistant to getting dirty, others more fit for the heat, and others that are perfect if you don’t want to be noticed.
Keeping in mind these ideas will improve your understanding. Using the psychology of color will help emphasize what you want to say and associate meaning with color.
It’s important to determine what image you want to convey, above all if you have a business. Therefore, with the help of a professional designer that knows these concepts very well, they can help you represent your business how you want to. With color, you can achieve something really wonderful. Perhaps you should do a preliminary analysis to achieve the objective that you want.