2 Ways to Make Essential Lemon Oil
This fruit, in addition to being high in vitamin C, contains numerous flavonoids which enhance the effects of this vitamin and keep it from degrading.
Lemon is a citrus fruit that, ever since ancient times, has been used in culinary art in order to fight certain medical conditions. It can be used in: juices, pastries, infusions and even make essential lemon oil.
However, it works as a powerful antioxidant that prevents the negative effects of free radicals. Likewise, lemon is recommended for the following reasons:
- Protecting eyesight
- Eliminating toxins
- Awakening your appetite
- Accelerating digestion
- Improving your cardiovascular system
This emphasizes on how healthy this fruit is. It is good for you, and the following shows how this essential lemon oil can be used.
It works as a stimulant, calmer, carminative, infection fighter, astringent, purifier, antiseptic, disinfectant, sleep aid, and it contains anti-fungal properties. It also helps fight against:
- Skin disorders
- Hair conditions
- Stomach issues
You can make your own products with these 2 ways to make essential lemon oil. You can use it whenever you need it. That way you’ll benefit from all of the lemon’s properties.
Making essential lemon oil
For anyone who likes the smell of lemon and to surround themselves with its aroma, then essential oil will be great to spray around your house. You can even use it as a perfume or cologne.
However, few people have the proper machinery to make this type of oil. Therefore, the following will show you how to make your own essential lemon oil easily and inexpensively. At the same time, it will only require a few ingredients.
- Olive oil (200 mL)
- Almond oil (200 mL)
- 6 lemons without any pesticides or special treatments (200 g)
- 1 glass jar with an airtight seal (that can hold around 500 mL)
- Take of the lemon peels and let them dry in the oven (50 C) for about 3 hours.
- Put the dry skins in the jars and cover them with the two oils.
- Let it sit in a dry and dark place for about 50 days, make sure to shake it every once in a while.
- Once the days have passed, squeeze out the lemon peels and then strain the remaining oil by using a gauze pad.
- Finally, transfer it into dropper bottles. Every time you want to smell that lemon aroma, just put around 5 drops into an essential oil burner.
Citric essences captivate us and bring you back to your childhood memories.
Here is another quick and easy option for you to make your own essential lemon. Your home will have an elegant aroma, while it keeps you and your family healthy.
- 3 lemons (100 g)
- Olive oil (100 ml)
- 1 zip-lock bag or airtight container that can endure high temperatures
- Start by putting a pot of hot water to a boil, for later on.
- Then peel the lemons.
- Remove the fiber from the lemon peels. The yellow part is what is going to used.
- Afterwards, put the lemon peels in hot water to eliminate the sour taste. Leave it there for about a minute.
- During that time, take the zip-lock bag or container, put it inside a pot, open it and fill it half way with a little virgin olive oil.
- Once the minute is over, you will notice that the peels have turned the water into a yellowish color. Take out the peels, put them in the oil filled bag or container and close it.
- Now, heat the bag or container by using bain-marie. The vapor will brew it and it will mix well, which in turn will create your essential lemon oil. Let it sit for 2 to 3 hours.
- After that time has passed, take it off the flame and let it sit for another 24 hours.
- On the following day, you can put it inside a lid container and store it in a fresh and dry area.