Everyone has their own lip volume and shape, but over time, lips tend to lose volume and firmness. However, cosmetic surgery and conventional beauty products aren’t the only things that can help you prevent it.
We will give you some simple, homemade, and natural tips in this article so your lips can have more volume, firmness, and color. In just a few days, you will notice how perfect your lips look and how they give a radiant and rejuvenated appearance to your face.
Relax and Tone Your Lips
One of the reasons why your lips get smaller or thinner over time is due to facial tension, especially in your mouth. When you are emotionally tense or stressed, you tend to tighten your jaw and mouth, and this contracts the musculature over time and gives your lips a thinner appearance.
As a result, the first step is to figure out if you have tight or relaxed lips over the day. You can also dedicate a few minutes everyday to relax and do the following exercise:
- Close your mouth and tighten your lips well, bringing them in towards your mouth and hold this position for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Next, release the pressure by breathing deeply and blowing your lips outwards.
- Repeat it ten times and do it two or three times a day.
After this exercise, you will notice your lips are more voluminous and red, as a result of a very natural method.
There is another exercise that will help you greatly improve your lip area, which will allow blood to circulate through your lips well and so they have a beautiful color:
- Make your lips vibrate by keeping them closed but not tightening them. Blow lightly and push them out. You will notice that you make a continuous noise that sounds like “brrr”.
Children tend to do this as a game, but the truth is that by doing 20 or 30 seconds of this exercise will make your lips feel vibrant at once.
Your lips also accumulate dead skin cells, just like any other part of your body. But it is much more delicate skin that has to be well taken care of.
That is why we recommend exfoliating but only occasionally: every fifteen days or once a month.
In order to do this, use baking soda as it has a very fine texture. Mix it with a little bit of vegetable oil (olive, almond, coconut, etc.) and massage your lips and your mouth’s contours a little bit. Do it before bed preferably in order to prevent having to go in public with the area red.
After, clean it with water and leave a little bit of oil on all night.
Your lips tend to dry out and this makes them look notably worse, especially if you use lip liner. If you suffer from dry or cracked lips often, you should pay a lot of attention to this tip.
You can hydrate them every morning and night with a natural product. It can be a specific lip bar, but you can also simply use vegetable oil or pure cocoa butter.
When you do a facial mask, you can also nourish your lips with some of these foods:
Learn How to Massage Them
While you hydrate them, you can also take advantage of massaging them in order to get the following benefits:
- Deeply strengthen their hydration
- Improve circulation
- Relax the lip area’s muscles
- Give them more volume and color
- Make them bright and attractive
How do I massage my lips?
- When your lips are well moisturized, cover your entire mouth with one hand and pull it horizontally to the side, massaging not only your lips but also the area around them, which also holds tension and where wrinkles tend to appear.
- Then, do the same with the other hand.
- Repeat 10 times with each hand.
In other articles, we have talked about how to learn to massage your entire face. If you have time, we recommend massaging your whole face because this will improve your face’s entire appearance, the texture of your skin, and will help you prevent wrinkles naturally.
Images courtesy of AJC1, tmblue, and alsjhc