Simple Tips on How to Get Fuller Lips
Everyone has their own lip volume and shape, but over time, lips tend to lose volume and firmness. However, cosmetic surgery and conventional beauty products aren't the only things that can help you prevent that.
Today, we’re going to give you some simple tips on natural, homemade ways to give your lips more volume, firmness, and color. In just a few days, you will notice how perfect your lips look and how they give a radiant and rejuvenated appearance to your face. So, do you want to know our tips on how to get fuller lips?
Relax and tone to get fuller lips
One of the reasons why your lips get smaller or thinner over time is facial tension, especially in your mouth. When you’re emotionally tense or stressed, you tend to clench your jaw and tighten your mouth. This contracts the musculature in your face over time and gives your lips a thinner appearance.
So, the first step is to figure out if you have tight or relaxed lips as you go through your day. You can also dedicate a few minutes everyday to relax and do this exercise:
- Close your mouth and tighten your lips shut, bringing them in towards your mouth and hold this position for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Next, release the pressure by breathing deeply and blowing your lips outwards.
- Repeat it ten times and do it two or three times a day.
After this exercise, you’ll notice your lips are more voluminous and red, all in a very natural way.
Here’s another exercise that’s a great way to get fuller lips. What it does is help blood circulate through your lips better, so they take on a beautiful color:
- Make your lips vibrate by keeping them closed but not tightening them. Blow lightly and push them out. You will notice that you make a continuous noise that sounds like “brrr”.
Read more: 5 Exercises to Reactivate Blood Circulation
Children tend to do this as a game, but the truth is that 20-30 seconds of this exercise will make your lips feel vibrant at once.
Your lips also accumulate dead skin cells, just like any other part of the body. But this is a much more delicate part of your skin, and you need to take good care of it.
That is why we recommend exfoliating, but only occasionally: every fifteen days or once a month.
To do this, use baking soda, because it has a very fine texture. Mix it with a little bit of vegetable oil (olive, almond, coconut, etc.) and massage your lips and your mouth’s contours a little bit. Ideally do it before bed to prevent having to go in public with the area red.
After, clean your lips with water and leave a little bit of oil on all night.
Your lips tend to dry out and this makes them look notably worse, especially if you use lip liner. If often have dry or cracked lips, you should really keep this tip in mind.
You can hydrate them every morning and night with a natural product. Chapstick always works, but you can also just use vegetable oil or pure cocoa butter.
When you do a facial mask, you can also nourish your lips with some of these foods:
Get fuller lips by learning how to massage them
While you hydrate them, you can also massage them for some of these benefits:
- Deeply strengthen their hydration
- Improve circulation
- Relax the lip area’s muscles
- Give them more volume and color
- Make them bright and attractive
You might like: Make a Moisturizing Lip Balm to Protect Your Lips
How do your massage your lips?
- Once your lips are well moisturized, cover your entire mouth with one hand and pull it horizontally to the side, massaging not only your lips but also the area around them, which also holds tension and where wrinkles tend to appear.
- Then, do the same with the other hand.
- Repeat 10 times with each hand.
In other articles, we’ve talked about how to learn to massage your entire face. If you have time, we recommend massaging your whole face. It will improve its appearance and the texture of your skin, along with helping you prevent wrinkles naturally.
Images courtesy of AJC1, tmblue, and alsjhc