10 Tips for Keeping a Clean House
As much as we might like having a clean house that’s spick and span, the everyday bustle of life doesn’t allow us to invest much time in it, at least not every day of the week.
However, there are different ways to keep a clean house. Follow our article’s tips and you’ll be sure to have great results:
1. Establish a daily routine
Similar to when we make plans to go to the gym, a daily routine is useful for getting all the key chores done in our home.
We can do it easily and in little time. That way, we can always keep things the way we want them.
In order to do that, make a list of all the important chores that you need to do, like doing the laundry, sweeping, mopping, waxing, cleaning the tub, rotating laundry that’s drying, and other chores.
After making the list, divide the house chores into 7 weekdays (sorting them according to their difficulty or time required).
- Monday: Clean the windows.
- Tuesday: Dust, sweep, and wax or mop.
- Wednesday: Do the laundry.
- Thursday: Organize the closet.
- Friday: Clean the kitchen.
- Saturday: Change the bed sheets.
- Sunday: Clean the bathrooms.
A routine like this one will make it easier for you to keep a clean house. In addition, using a routine will minimize the time you dedicate to chores on weekends or your rest days.
Also see: 8 Tricks for a Better Atmosphere at Home
2. Don’t have more than you need
Of course, there are some objects that really are indispensable. However, when you’re out shopping for something for your house, like a table, lamp, or any kind of decoration, ask yourself if it’s really necessary. I s it really going to make life easier somehow?
If the answer is “no” and you have doubts about it, it’s better to let it go. Remember that the more things you have, the more disorder and mess there will be.
3. Use hooks
If you’re one of those people that leaves their keys, umbrella, bag, or wallet anywhere around the house, place coat racks or hooks in strategic areas. For example, you could place them in the living room, bedroom, and, if you have kids, in their rooms as well.
By doing so, we can organize those objects that we throw around over the course of the day.
4. Make your bed before you leave your home
There’s nothing more relaxing than finding a clean, made bed after a hard work day. Making your bed also helps keep your room neat.
We recommend that you read: How to Have a Healthy Bedroom
5. Wash the dishes after every meal
You should wash the dishes every time you use them. It’s aggravating to find the dishwasher full of leftovers and dirty plates.
Household members can just wash what they’ve used during meals, making it simpler to keep the kitchen clean without too much effort.
Also, while you’re cooking, wash the utensils as you go to keep them from stacking up.
6. Keep your clothes organized: A tip to help you keep a clean house
Even if you only have a couple of socks or shirts thrown around, they’ll make you look like the messiest person in the universe.
Use baskets for dirty and clean clothes. When you don’t have the time or energy to wash and fold clothes, everything will be in one convenient place and they won’t make your home look disorderly.
7. Clean your washing machine
Although it might be an appliance that we don’t clean often, you need to remember to clean up water and other residues that build up.
In order to prevent mold and fungi from growing, leave the machine door open after each cycle. By doing so, the humidity will evaporate.
8. Keep your pet clean
Whether you have a cat, dog, or bird, always keep your pet clean. By doing so, you can prevent stains on your cabinets or beds, bugs from entering your home, and bad odors in your home as well.
9. Put everything back in its place
You’ll save yourself a lot of time if you just put each item back in its place. Your house will look less messy and cleaning will be more efficient.
10. Immediately clean up stains
If you spill milk or any kind of liquid on the stove, floor, nightstand, or table, wipe it with a rag immediately! It’ll be harder to remove the stain after it dries.
Keeping your house in order will help make your life a lot more harmonious. It’ll reduce stress as well because you’ll feel quite pleasant at home. We hope you enjoyed these tips to help you keep a clean house!
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Bockmühl, DP (2017). Higiene de la ropa: cómo conseguir algo más que limpio. Revista de microbiología aplicada, 122 (5), 1124-1133. https://doi.org/10.1111/jam.13402
- Hobday, RA y Dancer, SJ (2013). Funciones de la luz solar y la ventilación natural para el control de infecciones: perspectivas históricas y actuales. Journal of Hospital Infection, 84 (4), 271-282. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhin.2013.04.011
- Valls Císcar, C. (2018). Aplicación móvil para la gestión de tareas domésticas en familias con hijos. http://hdl.handle.net/10251/107038