Take Propolis at the First Cold and Flu Symptoms
In this article, find out what propolis is and why you should take it when you start to experience the first symptoms of a cold and the flu
Propolis is an excellent natural antibiotic for someone who is suffering from early cold and flu symptoms. When you start having a sore throat, mucus, a cough, or a fever, it’s the best time to start taking this remedy and get almost immediate relief.
However, it’s important to know what to do so that you get the most effective results. Find out today about the properties of propolis and how you should take it when you start to experience the early symptoms of a cold, the flu, or other illnesses.
The first cold and flu symptoms
The key to resolving mild illnesses quickly and effectively is to prevent them or treat them early on, without waiting for the disease to worsen.
At the first symptoms of colds and the flu, you need to head to your medicine cabinet. After all, it’s during this time that you can act decisively. That way, you can hopefully avoid taking stronger medications with negative side effects.
Early cold and flu symptoms often include the following:
- General discomfort
- Mucus and congestion
- Cough or sneezing
- Sore throat
See also: 100% natural syrup to fight the flu
What are natural antibiotics?
Natural antibiotics are foods or medicinal plants that have antibiotic properties, such as propolis, garlic, onion, lemon, or Echinacea. When you consume them on a regular basis you can strengthen your immune system and boost your defenses to prevent disease.
Meanwhile, conventional antibiotics alter the bacteria in your intestines and make it more difficult for your body to defend itself against any types of pathogens. Naturally, antibiotics should always be taken under the supervision of a doctor.
Often, however, you can prevent disease naturally using propolis and other medicinal products.
PropolisPropolis is a resin that bees extract from plants, the buds of trees, and other plant sources. Then, they use it to coat and protect their hives. It is made up of resin and wax, as well as ingredients such as flavonoids, minerals, vitamins, and essential oils.
We recommend buying high-quality propolis. One of the most famous and effective varieties is green propolis, which originates from Brazil. This variety stands out for its strong flavor and dark color, as well as for a unique compound known as Artepillin C. This has been shown in several studies to have anti-cancer and anti-tumor effects.
Propolis is not recommended for people who have asthma or are allergic to bee products.
Health benefitsPropolis is well-known for its many health benefits, including the fact that it:
- Is a strong antibiotic that protects you from all types of pathogens, bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi, without altering your intestinal flora or posing any risk to your health.
- Strengthens your immune system.
- Has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that reduce pain and fever.
- If you have an upper respiratory tract infection, you can gargle with water and propolis to reduce inflammation.
- Is excellent for natural healing, so you can apply it to burns and wounds.
- Balances your blood pressure.
- Contains lots of antioxidants thanks to its flavonoid content.
- Prevents cavities, canker sores, and dental abscesses.
- Improves your circulatory system and heart health.
- Can alleviate certain digestive disorders that are related to the bacterium Helicobacter pylori.
- Balances blood sugar levels.
- Thanks to the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of propolis, you can use it topically, for problems such as acne, or blend it with your regular moisturizer.
Visit this article: 7 powerful health benefits of cilantro
How should you take it?You can take propolis in a variety of ways, depending on where you are in the disease stage:
- Preventative: consume five drops on an empty stomach every day. You can also consume propolis candies or other similar products.
- At the first cold and flu symptoms: five drops every hour.
- As you notice improvement: five drops three times a day.
You can use a combination of the following treatments both to prevent or treat the early symptoms of a cold or the flu:
- 5 drops of propolis
- A tablespoon of honey (20 g)
- 1 teaspoon of bee pollen (8 g)
- 1 teaspoon of brewer’s yeast (5 g)
- The juice from one lemon (50 ml)
- The juice from one orange (100 ml)