Eight Symptoms of a Liver Overloaded with Toxins
Symptoms of a liver overloaded with toxins
1. Changes in urine and feces
Changes in the color of urine and feces can be a signal warning us of liver malfunction and overload of toxins. While digestive or urinary conditions may cause these changes, a considerable number of cases have something to do with liver problems.
- The urine of a healthy person is pale yellow in color. While that of a jaundice patient is dark yellow
- In the same way, feces that is too dark or pale can also be an indication that something isn’t right
Do you know What the Color of Your Urine Says about Your Health?
2. Abdominal swelling
While abdominal swelling is related to many health conditions, we shouldn’t rule out a liver problem and overload of toxins in the body.
- Persistent stomach cramps, gas build-up, and a feeling of heaviness are common among people who have a liver overburdened with toxins.
3. Skin problems
The overload of toxins that accumulate in the liver usually results in negative and obvious consequences in the skin.
Inexplicable irritation, dryness, and acne are warning signs of problems that the liver is suffering due to an excess of waste. To properly treat the cause (or causes, as the case may be) it’s best to follow the doctor’s instructions.
In addition to following the liver treatment to improve health, your doctor may suggest visiting a dermatologist for a more specific skincare routine.
4. Acid and gastroesophageal reflux
An overloaded liver can also cause a person to experience heartburn and gastroesophageal reflux. Stomach acid and gastroesophageal reflux are common symptoms among those who ingest plentiful or excessive meals. In addition, eating excessively irritating foods (fat, for example) and drinking alcohol, and smoking
Check out these Six Remedies for Acid Reflux
5. Physical and mental fatigue
Physical and mental fatigue can be an outcome of daily physical overexertion or unhealthy habits. However, if fatigue is reoccurring and inexplicable, it’s necessary to pay attention if it occurs regularly and if it prevents you from living a normal life in some way. If so, then you should go to the doctor to determine the cause. In some cases, it may be a liver problem.
- Lethargy, difficulties in concentration, and physical weakness can be symptoms of a liver overloaded with toxins.
6. A liver overloaded with toxins and liquid retention
An excess of tissue inflammation can result in liquid retention. This is caused by the hepatic system’s malfunction.
This symptom is quite common among patients with kidney disease. However, it can also appear in the cases of an overworked liver. The majority of these cases see an obvious swelling in the limbs as well as in the abdomen.
Yellow skin is a disorder known as jaundice and it’s caused by a buildup of bilirubin.
- The pigment is produced by bile, which is key in the digestive process. It may build up in the bloodstream when it’s too difficult for the liver to filter the blood’s waste products.
8. Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite is a symptom that can appear in many sicknesses or emotional circumstances. However, it’s wise to be cautious of such situations as it can sometimes indicate liver disease.
Do you think your liver is overloaded with toxins?
In view of these symptoms, the best thing to do is to go to your doctor for a check-up. Once you have the diagnosis, your doctor will tell you what treatment to follow and what life habits you should improve from now on. The diet will be one of the most important, but remember that it won’t be the only one.