Symptoms of the Main Cardiac Diseases in Women
Cardiac diseases are one of the main causes of death in today’s world. It is important to know their symptoms no matter how small they may be, since often, and especially in the case of women, they progress without especially evident characteristics. In this article, we want to explain the symptoms of the main cardiac diseases in women clearly and simply.
The causes of coronary heart disease can be very different between the sexes. Women are often more at risk according to their lifestyle. You may sometimes feel fatigued and justify this with the pressure of daily obligations. These are small details that you should keep in mind especially if you are a woman.
Cardiac Disease in Women: What Symptoms Can I Have?
1. Angina (Chest Pain)
- Angina occurs when your heart muscle does not get enough oxygen-rich blood.
- In men, it is a very strong pressure in the chest that can reach to the arms. In women, it tends to happen in a different way. It is like a burning sensation, an unidentifiable pressure, which is located more in the neck, jaw, throat, abdomen, and even the back. It is more widespread than in men.
- Another piece of important information: when men suffer from angina, they feel more pain during physical activity, but it alleviates when they are resting. It is the opposite in women. It is more likely for them to suffer from angina while they are sleeping.
- There are also other facts that show that emotional problems, tension, and anxiety in women increase the danger of these types of cardiac diseases in women.
2. Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- The most common symptom that precedes a heart attack is chest pain. But according to statistics, only half of women have discomfort, pressure, or malaise in this part of the body.
- Thus, you should keep in mind the following information: sometimes cardiac diseases in women are confused with other affections which is why you should be aware of feeling continuous back or neck pain, indigestion, stomach acid, nausea, extreme fatigue, and difficulty breathing when going up stairs.
- Confusion and dizziness, it is also very characteristic in women. On the other hand, men tend to suffer from cold sweats and pain in their left arm.
3. Cardiac Insufficiency
- You have cardiac insufficiency or heart failure when your heart is incapable of pumping enough blood to your body. You will have problems doing the demands of everyday life.
- How does it affect women? Pay attention to your legs, ankles, and the veins in your neck. If they are swollen and you feel very tired, go to your doctor so they can diagnose you.
4. Broken Heart Syndrome or Cardiomyopathy from Stress
- Broken heart syndrome or cardiomyopathy from stress is a temporary cardiomyopathy that is very similar to acute coronary syndrome, but is reversible and generally has a good prognosis. In general, it affects women more, which is why you should keep it in mind.
- It is due to extreme emotional stress that ends up affecting the functioning of your heart in this syndrome. There are no signs that the arteries are blocked, but the symptoms are very similar to a hart attack which is why it impacts those who suffer from it.
- It is one of the more recently identifiable cardiac diseases, that has a lot of impact today. It is associated with serious emotional stress: from a loss, very high daily anxiety, personal problems…
- This level of stress causes your heart to have swelling at the tip of the left ventricle due to over stimulation.
- The symptoms that this syndrome so-called “broken heart” are suffocation and fatigue. If you are dealing with a complicated situation in your life and you feel continuous suffocation, go to the doctor so they can diagnose you. The death rate associated with this disease is low, but it does not stop being an alteration in the functioning of your heart.
- This disease especially affects women which is why it shows how personal and emotional problems seem to have more impact on your constitution. You should keep it in mind, learn how to manage your emotions, practice relaxation techniques, exercise a little bit to relieve tension. It is essential for your health. Don’t forget it.