Renew Your Body Each Day with Green Tea, Ginger and Cinnamon
In this article, we have selected three medicinal plants for their powerful natural properties that are highly beneficial in preventing and treating many diseases, as well as giving us a lot of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
More specifically, we’ll explain the amazing benefits of drinking an infusion of green tea, ginger and cinnamon – a medicinal (and delicious) combination that will renew your body both inside and out.
In what circumstances is it most beneficial?
- This herbal infusion is recommended in the following situations:
- People who are overweight or obese and have difficulties losing weight
- Fluid retention, enemas, heavy legs, swollen eyelids
- Cardiovascular problems, high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides
- Cases of frigidity and lack of libido
- Gingivitis, cavities and other dental problems
- Poor digestion and gastric hyperacidity
- Type II Diabetes
- Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, exhaustion
- People who often feel cold
- People genetically predisposed to cancer
Below we will explain the natural health benefits of each of these medicinal plants:
Benefits of Green Tea
- It has antioxidant effects, which delays cellular aging
- It is a natural anti-cancer agent
- It will boost your metabolism and help you lose weight
- It is mildly stimulating and improves attention and concentration
- It combats water retention
- It improves the health of your teeth and gums
- It improves some skin diseases such as acne or psoriasis
- It reduces allergies
- It alleviates stress
Benefits of Ginger
- It helps prevent ovarian, prostate and colon cancer
- It improves digestion
- It increases metabolism
- It helps combat nausea and dizziness, including those experienced during pregnancy
- It provides heat to our body
- It relieves pain and inflammation of the throat
- It improves circulation
- It combats water retention
- It helps prevent infections and increases the body’s natural defenses
- It acts as an expectorant, which helps to eliminate mucus
- It helps relieve migraines
- It helps relieve menstrual cramps
- It helps protect our cardiovascular health
Benefits of Cinnamon
- It is a stimulant and aphrodisiac
- It helps digestion; reducing acidity and flatulence
- It reduces nausea and vomiting
- It regulates blood glucose levels. Along with stevia, they are the two most appropriate foods to naturally treat Type II diabetes.
- It provides heat and energy to the body
- It can improve, with time, joint and bone diseases
- It helps whet the appetite and a desire to eat
- It reduces cholesterol levels and the risk of suffering from cardiovascular disease
- It is a powerful natural anticoagulant
How do we prepare it?
Boil a liter of water along with a teaspoon of ginger and a teaspoon of cinnamon, both in powder form or finely chopped. When they have boiled for five minutes, turn off the fire and add two teaspoons of green leaf tea, let it stand for five minutes. Then strain it and place in a jar or bottle that you can drink out of during the day. You can drink it hot, warm or cold.
If you want to sweeten the tea, it is preferable to use stevia, a natural sweetener that has no harmful effect on our health, as opposed to sugar or artificial sweeteners.
If you add the juice of half a lemon to the tea you will increase its potency even more.
Try drinking this tea every day for at least a month to notice the benefits.
When is the best time to drink it?
To benefit the most from any infusion of herbs, the best times to drink them are:
- On an empty stomach, at least half an hour before breakfast
- Between meals, at least half an hour before any meal
- We do not recommend drinking this infusion in the afternoon or later, due to its diuretic and purifying effects it can cause us to have to go to the bathroom during the night.
A quality infusion
It is also important, in order to enhance the effects of each plant, that you choose the highest quality ingredients:
- Green tea: preferably organic
- Cinnamon: the best cinnamon is Ceylon, and it is the most aromatic. It is always best to keep it sealed in an airtight container.
- Ginger: it is best to use fresh ginger, by simply grating a bit into the pot of boiling water. But you can also use ginger powder, provided it is of excellent quality, aromatic and spicy.