Potato Peel Dishwashing Solution
Did you know that a potato peel dishwashing solution is useful when doing dishes and other household chores?
That’s right: This all-natural detergent can replace many of the conventional store-bought products than contain phosphates. Not only are these harmful to your health, but they also pollute the world’s water sources.
Most people don’t know it, but the potatoes are degreasers. So, they’re a great base for solutions to clean all sorts of surfaces. Stick around to learn how it works!
Potato Peel Dishwashing Solution
Unlike commercial cleaners, an organic potato peel cleaner is chemical-free. Thus, its use helps the environment and you’ll also prevent any allergic reactions brought about by harsh chemicals.
Do keep in mind that that this dishwashing cleaner has a short life and you must use it immediately. Thus, you’ll have to make it every time you intend to clean.
Ok, but how does it work?
Potato Peel Dishwashing Solution to Remove Grime
As we said above, the components in potato peels are great for removing the grease and grime that adheres to your various surfaces, especially in the kitchen. So, you can make a solution to degrease your dishes, countertops, and even your clothes.
For example, you just discovered a grease spot on one of your favorite blouses. Don’t worry! Just rub a piece of potato peel on it and you’ll see how fast it disappears. Do not, however, use it on delicate garments that require special care, always read the instructions on the label.
You can also use it to clean blackened kitchen utensils.
- Just vigorously rub a potato peel on the tarnished surfaces.
- Let it do its thing for about two or three minutes and then rinse.
Read also: 12 Ways to Clean Your Home with Baking Soda
Using the potato peel dishwashing solution is a wonderful alternative to conventional detergents and has many advantages. First, it’s an environmentally-friendly product that has no phosphates and other harsh chemicals. Similarly, it’s quite effective as a cleaner as it removes grease and other traces of food.
How to use it?
The water in which you’ve cooked potatoes will soften sticky grease from your dishes, pans, pots, and other kitchen utensils.
- To begin with, pour it on the kitchen tub while it’s still hot.
- Then, submerge your dirty dishes in it and let them soak for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- After this time, wipe them with a sponge and then rinse them.
A second alternative is to mix your fresh potato peels with boiling water.
- Let it steep for 30 to 40 minutes and then vigorously stir the mixture. You’ll end up with a foamy solution.
- Finally, place it in the fridge once it cools down and let it sit overnight. It’ll be ready to use the next day.
Discover: Five Green Formulas to Degrease Kitchen Furniture
Potato peels mixed with salt
If the cleaner isn’t powerful enough for your taste, improve it by adding a little bit of salt. This solution will be very useful for difficult-to-clean surfaces such as burned and greased pans.
You can also use it to clean your ovens, tiles and chopping boards.
- Coarse salt (as much as you need)
- Potato peels
- Heat the item that needs cleaning for a few minutes.
- Then, sprinkle a generous amount of salt on the surface to clean. Do this carefully so as not to burn yourself.
- Next, rub the potato peels on the item with circular movements for a few minutes.
- When you think the surface is clean, rinse and dry it.
Don’t expect this solution to be as potent as commercial degreasers. However, it’s a highly efficient method.
A green cleaning approach uses products with environmentally friendly ingredients and procedures which are designed to preserve human health and environmental quality.
By going green when you clean you can avoid a lot of toxic household products, many of which emit volatile organic compounds that lead to respiratory, dermatological, and other conditions. These kinds of solutions are environmentally friendly because they’re 100% biodegradable.
You must understand how important this is. Our environment can’t stand much more abuse and we all need to do our part in healing our planet.
Thanks for reading, and we hope you’ve enjoyed this article!It might interest you...