Enlarged pores can happen due to oily skin and may continue getting larger as you get older. There are various treatments you can do to treat enlarged pores, however, natural treatments are better than industrial ones, both in terms of quality and price.
Here is a list of natural treatments for enlarged pores, which we suggest using frequently to keep your skin healthy for a long time. These treatments will keep your skin clean and also eliminate enlarged and blocked pores along with blackheads and other blemishes.
Visible pores on your skin are seen more frequently on your face. They are the exit paths for internal glands that produce grease. These vary, depending on your sex, genetics, and age. They also differ in regards to the use of contraceptive methods or estrogen in some people.
The biggest cause of enlarged pores is having oily skin. This is due to pores having a high percentage of it, causing them to open by retaining impurities and dead cells. The size of the sebaceous glands increases and this causes a higher percentage of grease. This helps give acidity to your skin and lubrication. Along with this, dead cells and sweat that is produce creating an acidic blanket in order to prevent certain infections that come from bacteria, viruses, and fungus.
However, the problem happens when the amount of grease exceeds the neutral amount and produces enlarged pores. In this way, your skin looks shiny and greasy. Also, those people that suffer from this dermatology problem tend to have acne due to this being able to form thanks to sebaceous glands.
Its size depends on the affected area and the concentration of skin oil. Most people tend to get them on their nose and the areas in the middle of their face.
There are different and natural ways that you can do so that enlarged pores disappear:
Just 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise!
Just a tablespoon of mayonnaise applied to your face is enough. Let it sit for 20 minutes. The vinegar and the egg that is found in mayonnaise will help shrink your pores and leave your skin tighter. However, it is not recommended for those who have greasy skin.
An Old Remedy: Milk Serum (Whey)
Besides being an old product for clarifying your skin, milk serum helps reduce the size of open pores. The treatment consists of washing your skin at night. Scrub a cotton ball that has whey on your face. After 20 minutes, you should wash it with cold water.
Honey, Lemon, Apple, and Yogurt Mask
You should add a tablespoon of yogurt to a sliced apple. Also add a tablespoon of honey and lemon. Mix the ingredients until you get a homogenous mixture and then apply it to your face for 15 to 20 minutes. This mixture will also smooth your skin. It is perfect to use before going to sleep.
Blend 1/3 cup of almonds until they become a powder. Then, add water gradually until you get a dough. You should apply this starting with your nose and going out to the areas that have the enlarged pores. Let sit for 30 minutes and then wash your face with warm water. You should do this treatment at least twice a week.
This lemon mask is formed by mixing lemon juice with a little bit of water. You should apply it with a cotton ball. Let sit for approximately a half hour and avoid contact with your eyes. Lastly, remove the mixture with cold water.
The first step is to wash your face and then rub a pealed papaya on it. You should do this with the part from inside the peal. After 15 minutes, wash your face with a little bit of hot water. The treatment is also good for the possible reduction of pimples.
Cucumber, Apple, Egg, and Milk Mask
Just mix an egg white with a tablespoon of powdered milk. Blend these two ingredients without any foam getting out and then add in the sliced apple and cucumber. Mix it until you get a uniform paste and apply it to your face for 15 minutes. Then remove the mask with warm water.
This clay mask should be applied once a week and should be prepared a day in advance. In this way, the clay can make your pores breath better and remove dirt and grease from them. It will also help absorb excess oil. It reduces enlarged pores because it cleans them.
The only thing that you need to do is add a few drops of lemon to your facial cream in another container. After, mix it and apply it to your face as if it were a mask for 15 to 20 minutes. Then, remove the mixture with warm water.
- Exfoliation: Exfoliation greatly helps enlarged pores. The glycolic acid in exfoliants helps smooth deeper salicylic acid and the superior layer of the skin. In this way, your pores become unblocked and their size gets reduced.
If your skin is very sensitive or has acne, we recommend using exfoliating enzymes in which alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) are found instead of the cleansing kind. On the other hand, bacteria can arise or the possibility for your skin to get scratched. Along with this, we suggest that exfoliants contain retinol so that cell production is more efficient and in this way, you can do an exfoliation from outside. Nonetheless, pregnant women should not use retinol under any circumstances.
- Hydrating and cleaning the cutis: To end enlarged pores, you can use a skin cleanser that won’t damage it. You should also avoid products that dehydrate it due to the face that it makes your pores more evident and visible. Along with this, you should avoid sun exposure and reduce or eliminate smoking cigarettes.
You should wash your face with a gentle soap, and if you wear makeup, try to remove it before going to bed so that your pores are cleans. You should also do a daily cleanse with a hydrating cream that does not contain oil.
- Daily care: Pore treatments should not contain alcohol. Try to make sure that the cream you use can be used under your makeup and that it contains salicylic acid and matting agents so that they absorb oil in the skin. Other benefits include the ability to give smoothness and a better texture to your skin.
- Microdermabrasion: This consists of a slightly extreme exfoliation for people whose enlarged pores are a continuous problem. In this way, your skin is smoothed, enlarged pores are shrunk, it eliminates wrinkles and dry spots. For this reason, it is a good option for those that have mature skin and bad pores.
- Laser: Laser treatments are recommended as the last option because it is expensive. However, its effects last longer. Medical spas and private clinics use these. Laser treatment processes consists of a pulse of light that is directly pointed on your skin. If you use it, you have to avoid contact with the skin so that your skin does not get damaged.