Make Your Own Hair Removal Wax at Home
Nowadays, there are tons of hair removal methods that allow you to get rid of that annoying fuzz that grows on certain areas of your body. Hair removal creams, hair removal wax, razors, laser hair removal, and many other alternatives have become popular ways of getting rid of that unwanted hair.
However, these methods tend to be quite expensive and can oftentimes irritate the skin, which is why many people prefer a different hair removal option. Would you like to learn how to make your own hair removal wax at home?
Natural hair removal wax with sugar
Hair removal with sugar is a famous technique that has become very popular in recent years. This technique has been used since ancient times in the Middle East and, over the years, it has become well-known throughout the world for being highly effective.
One of the main reasons why sugar wax has become so popular is that it uses natural ingredients and, in addition to helping you get rid of hair, it also promotes healthy skin. Also, anyone who has tried this method can surely say that it’s less painful than other hair removal methods and it’s really cheap.
How can I make sugar hair removal wax at home?
Making sugar wax at home is a pretty simple process. The best part about it is that it hardly takes any time. With the resulting wax, you can remove hair from your legs, armpits, eyebrows, and even your delicate bikini area. You should be careful on the latter given its sensitive nature.
Discover: Four Amazing Exfoliants Made with Brown Sugar
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of water
Preparing sugar hair removal wax is quite similar to the way you would prepare a syrup to add to any dessert. The only difference here is that it shouldn’t be too thick.
- Add the three ingredients to a pot and heat them over medium-high heat until the mixture starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Once it starts to boil, lower the heat and let it sit for a few minutes until it turns paste-like.
If you want to know whether or not your wax is ready, you should take a good look at the color. It will be perfect once it’s slightly golden, but not dark in color. If you boil it for too long, the sugar may burn. Once you’re sure that the paste is ready, let it set in a cool area (not to cool because it could get hard).
When your paste has a sticky consistency, it’s ready to use.
How do I apply sugar wax?
Before applying hair removal wax, it’s very important that you clean the area you’ll be removing hair from so that the wax can stick to the skin. You might also want to put a bit of almond oil on your hands so that the wax won’t stick to them.
Once you’re ready, apply the wax in the opposite direction of hair growth. Then, press down and rip it off to remove the hair.
Read on: 4 Natural Products to Eliminate Body Hair
The final result will be nice, smooth, hairless skin. The more you practice this method, the better results you’ll get.
What are the benefits of making homemade hair removal wax?
Although hair removal with bee wax is a well-known and effective technique, sugar-based hair removal offers has a lot of benefits that bee wax hair removal doesn’t:
- Given that it’s applied at room temperature, you don’t run the risk of burning yourself.
- It doesn’t cause allergic reactions or irritation.
- It reduces your risk of ingrown hairs, which are one of the causes of annoying cysts on the skin.
- Also, it doesn’t stick completely to the skin and is easy to remove with water.
- Most people have most of the ingredients at home and they’re all really affordable.
- It’s especially recommended for women with dry skin because it makes it extra smooth.
- It doesn’t require the use of chemicals or compounds that irritate the skin or cause unfavorable reactions.