Lose weight with these 3 turmeric recipes
Asia, and India in particular, is home to a wonderful spice for losing weight. Check out our 3 tasty turmeric recipes for weight loss.
These turmeric recipes are very nutritious and effective at helping you lose weight. In fact, there is scientific evidence that confirms that the turmeric provides short-term benefits to those who consume it.
Its main component, curcumin, is what is especially good for you. It helps you body expel toxins and, therefore, lose those extra pounds in a healthy way.
It’s important to know how the food we eat acts in your body. In the case of curcumin, it acts directly on low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol: “bad cholesterol”.
However, the positive effects don’t end there. With regard to its interaction in the body, curcumin reduces LDL triglycerides in the blood, thus helping prevent a multitude of diseases.
The time has come to enjoy these turmeric recipes and lose weight. You will see that they taste great and are easy to add into your routine since they don’t require much preparation time.
Turmeric recipes for losing weight
1. Cream of carrot and turmeric soup
This recipe is very popular since it’s very easy to make. It is also an excellent option for people suffering from chronic inflammation, fibromyalgia, arthritis and related pathologies.
- ginger root (5 g)
- 2 chives (15 g)
- salt (45 g)
- 2 medium carrots (65 g)
- ground turmeric (35 g)
- ½ cup of skim milk (75 mL)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (50 mL)
- 4 cups of organic vegetable broth (275 g)
- Grate the ginger root.
- Preheat the pan over low heat.
- Add the ginger and turmeric along with the skim milk.
- Add the vegetables (except the carrots) and let them boil.
- Lower the heat a little and let the ingredients continue to cook.
- Cut the onions into slices and mix them in with the rest.
- Cook all the ingredients together for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Visit this article: 7 Benefits of Turmeric During Menopause
2. Turmeric tea with lemon
The second of our turmeric recipes for weight loss serves to regulate the entire digestive system. It also promotes the detoxification of the liver and has anti-inflammatory properties. If you are a lover of hot drinks such as tea, you should definitely give this one with turmeric a shot.
- 1 cup of water (200 mL)
- small spoonful of turmeric powder (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of either honey or lemon juice (20 mL)
- Heat the water over low heat.
- Then, add the turmeric powder and stir.
- Lower the heat and keep it there for 15 minutes while stirring.
- Then, pass it through a strainer and make sure to strain the excess turmeric from the mixture.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes to cool a bit.
- Finally, add the spoon of lemon juice or honey to give it a sweet touch.
Do you want to know more? Read: 5 Turmeric Masks for Acne Scars
3. Endive salad with turmeric vinaigrette
The third of our turmeric recipes designed to help you lose weight is perfect for salads and vegetable sandwiches. Go ahead and prepare this delicious vinaigrette with the following ingredients:
- ½ pomegranate (27 g)
- 1 ½ cups of endive (25 g)
- 1 large ripe tomato (50 g)
- 2 cups of walnuts without shells (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (60 mL)
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (90 mL)
- 1 small teaspoon of ground turmeric tea (25 mL)
- First, be sure to wash all the ingredients very well. Use some lemon and vinegar to disinfect.
- Once the ingredients are ready, place them in a large container, preferably glass.
- Chop the endive and tomato into small pieces.
- Remove the inside of the pomegranate and mix it with the tomato and endive.
- Put the pieces inside the container and immediately add the nuts. Do not forget to stir.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing the oil, lemon, salt, pepper and turmeric. Mix and add the tomato juice.
- Sprinkle the salad with the pomegranate seeds and dress it with the turmeric vinaigrette.
- Finally, if you like, add salt and black pepper and enjoy!