How to Get Rid of Cockroaches for Good
Cockroaches are one of the most common and unpleasant pests that can invade your home. Not only are they repulsive, they contaminate your food and spread disease. The problem is that it’s hard to know exactly where they’re hiding because they only come out at night. So, how can you get rid of cockroaches for good?
While there are several different types of commercial insect killers available, many cockroaches have developed a resistance and can actually survive even if you use them multiple times.
These kinds of products are also made with toxic ingredients that can cause problem for your family’s health.
Luckily, there are several things you can make at home to kill cockroaches and get rid of these annoying pests for good.
We want to show you several interesting options you can use to kill cockroaches before they become a serious problem.
Boric acid and milk to get rid of cockroaches
This natural poison is made with boric acid, a little milk, and powdered sugar, which helps attract the cockroaches.
Cockroaches find the powdered sugar irresistible. The boric acid prevents them from expelling waste and causes their insides to burst.
- 1 tablespoon boric acid
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine the boric acid and the sugar in a glass container.
- Add a little milk and stir to create a semisolid paste.
- Make little balls the size of chickpeas and place them in the areas where cockroaches frequent.
- Don’t forget to place a few outside to keep them from getting inside.
- Keep out of reach of pets and children.
Boric acid and egg
Another way to take advantage of boric acid’s cockroach-killing power is to combine it with egg and powdered sugar.
This product causes fatal constipation that will make short work of an entire nest.
You might like:
- 3 cups of 100% boric acid
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- Boil the eggs for 12-15 minutes until the yolk firms.
- Once ready, peel them and separate the yolks from the whites.
- Hold onto the yolks.
- Crush them with a fork and mix in the boric acid and sugar.
- Dissolve the sugar as much as possible so that you have a uniform paste.
- Make them into little balls and place them throughout the house.
- Place them in dark, moist areas like closets, pantries and bathrooms.
- This poison isn’t dangerous to the touch, but it’s important to keep it out of reach of children and animals.
Boric acid, baking soda and corn starch
Combining boric acid, baking soda, corn starch and a few other ingredients, is a great way to get rid of cockroaches in the home.
The sugar attracts them and the other compounds combine to kill them easily.
Repel Insects at Home without Toxic Chemicals
- 2 tablespoons boric acid
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons gypsum
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and form them into tablets.
- Place in corners and other places where insects gather.
Borax is often used to make soap and other homemade cleaning products. In its natural state, it can kill cockroaches by deteriorating their shells.
- 1 cup borax
- 1 pair gloves
- Put on a pair of gloves and sprinkle the borax in corners and other areas inhabited by cockroaches.
- Be sure to cover closets, bathrooms and drains.
Remember that for best results you should practice proper hygiene inside and out of the home.
Clean up around the house every day and avoid leaving food or dirty dishes out for long.