Cockroaches are one of the most common and unpleasant pests to ever invade our homes.
They’re not only repulsive, but what’s more, they contaminate our food and spread disease.
The problem with fighting them is never knowing where exactly they’re hiding, as they only come out at night when they can feed undisturbed.
While there are several different types of commercial insect killers available, many cockroaches have developed resistance and may survive despite several applications.
In addition, these types of products are formulated with toxic ingredients that can cause adverse reactions in our health and pets’ health.
Luckily, there are several formulas that kill cockroaches you can make at home to put an end to these annoying pests.
We want to show you several interesting options you can use to kill cockroaches before they become a serious problem.
Boric acid and milk to kill cockroaches
This natural poison is made with boric acid, powdered sugar and a little milk, which will help attract the cockroaches.
Cockroaches find the powdered sugar irresistible. The boric acid in the mixture prevents them from evacuating themselves and their insides burst.
- 1 tablespoon boric acid
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine the boric acid and the sugar in a glass container.
- Add a little milk and stir to create a semisolid paste.
- Make little balls the size of chickpeas and place them in the areas where cockroaches frequent.
- Don’t forget to place a few outside to keep them from getting inside.
- Keep out of reach of pets and children.
Boric acid and egg
Another way to take advantage of the power of boric acid to kill cockroaches is by combining it with egg and powdered sugar.
This product causes fatal constipation that will kill an entire nest in just a short time.
- 3 cups 100% boric acid
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- Hard boil the eggs by boiling them for 12-15 minutes until the yolk firms.
- When ready, peel the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
- This preparation only calls for the yolks.
- Crush them with a fork and mix in the boric acid and sugar.
- Dissolve the sugar as much as possible to form a thick paste.
- Form into little balls and place throughout the house.
- Place in dark, moist areas like closets, pantries and bathrooms.
- This poison is not dangerous to the touch, but it’s important to keep it out of reach of children and animals.
Boric acid, baking soda and corn starch
By combing boric acid, baking soda, corn starch and a few other ingredients, you’ll end up with a product that’s chaos for cockroaches.
The sugar attracts them while the other compounds attack to eliminate them completely.
- 2 tablespoons boric acid
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons gypsum
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and form into tablets.
- Place in corners and other places where insects gather.
Poison with borax
Borax is often used to make soap and other homemade cleaning products. In its natural state, it will kill cockroaches by deteriorating their shells.
- 1 cup borax
- 1 pair gloves
- Put on a pair of gloves and sprinkle the borax in corners and other areas inhabited by cockroaches.
- Be sure to cover closets, bathrooms and drains.
Remember that for best results you should practice proper hygiene inside and out of the home.
Do a general cleaning every day and avoid leaving food or dirty dishes out.