How to Unclog Your Arteries with Four Natural Remedies
In addition to taking advantage of the properties of these natural remedies, to unclog your arteries, it's very important that you adopt a healthy and balanced diet and avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
The human body is a perfect mechanism in which all the pieces fulfill an important role. The arteries make up an important part of it. Unfortunately, few people truly pay attention to them and make sure they’re healthy. However, if they get blocked, you’re going to have a real problem. In today’s article, we’re bringing you four natural remedies that will help unclog your arteries.
The arteries are shaped like tubes. Blood passes through them from the heart to the other organs. When they become clogged or blocked by fat in the form of cholesterol that’s inside them, diseases develop. Therefore, it’s our job to make sure this doesn’t happen to us.
The dangerous consequences of clogged arteries
The obstruction of the arteries is a “silent killer” because people don’t realize that they have a problem until they suffer the consequences.
If your arteries are blocked, blood and oxygen will stop flowing through them. As a result, your organs and tissues won’t be able to receive the nutrients they need. This can trigger consequences like:
- Heart attacks
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Coronary artery conditions
- Peripheral arterial disease.
Who’s most likely to have clogged arteries?
Because of their lifestyle, sedentary people, smokers, and people who have a bad diet and are obese have a very high risk of suffering from this disease. The problem is that it’s difficult to unclog these people’s arteries because of their habits.
Additionally, those with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and those who suffer from arthritis, may also suffer from this condition.
A healthy diet to unclog your arteries
Eating healthy is the first step to unclogging your arteries. To start taking advantage of it, one of the first measures to take is to eliminate the consumption of ultra-processed foods, fried foods, and sweets. Then, you have to integrate more fresh foods into youe diet (fruits, vegetables, legumes, etc.) and replace harmful fats with healthy sources of fat.
All this, in addition to the consumption of the following foods that we’re going to mention below, is what could help unclog arteries.
We’ll start by pointing out the five foods that you should definitely include in your diet:
- Garlic. It’s said that it cleanses our arteries of bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Oats. This is a very complete cereal and reduces the odds that bad cholesterol (LDL) will adhere to the arteries. With its intake, you’ll avoid suffering from cardiovascular diseases and arteriosclerosis.
- Spinach. It’s said that this is a food that prevents cholesterol from oxidizing, thanks to its high vitamin A and C content. Other green leafy vegetables with the same properties are lettuce and chard.
- Nuts. They’re rich in monounsaturated fats and omega-3, two essential components to unclog arteries. You should choose walnuts, peanuts, almonds, and hazelnuts. In addition, they’re satiating.
- Apple. This is a fruit rich in nutrients such as pectin, a fiber that lowers blood cholesterol. It also helps reduce the risk of heart attacks by 50%, since it’s rich in flavonoids.
Four natural remedies to unclog your arteries
According to popular beliefs, these natural remedies could help unclog the arteries naturally. They aren’t backed by science. However, some decide to consume them as part of a healthy lifestyle because they consider that their potential is beneficial enough to help get good results.
1. Garlic milk
Garlic milk is a drink made from fresh garlic cloves. They shouldn’t be crushed. Instead, add them whole.
- 1 cup of milk (250 ml)
- 3 garlic cloves
- First, cut the garlic cloves into slices.
- Put the milk in a pot, add the garlic slices, and bring it to a boil.
- Wait for it to cool and drink.
2. Golden milk
Golden milk is well-known in alternative medicine. People have attributed it anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, which is why it’s believed that it can relieve certain discomforts, while promoting blood flow, thus helping to prevent the formation of clots and avoiding arterial obstruction. It’d also help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL).
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric (5 g)
- Honey (25 g)
- A glass of milk (250 ml)
- Heat the milk and add the turmeric and honey.
- Mix well and drink.
3. Cayenne pepper tea
To unclog your arteries, cayenne pepper is a great option. It contains antioxidants that will help improve blood circulation and prevent cardiovascular problems. Additionally, it’ll effectively fight cholesterol oxidation in your blood vessels.
- 1 cup of hot water (250 ml).
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (5 g).
- Heat the water. When it boils, remove it from the heat and add the cayenne pepper.
- Let it cool for a few minutes. When it reaches a bearable temperature, drink it.
4. Linseed tea
This is also very effective for fighting cardiovascular diseases. Linseed has anti-inflammatory properties thanks to their high content of fatty acids, like alpha-linoleic. That’s why they help clean the arteries, while also preventing the oxidation of cholesterol inside of them.
- 1 cup of hot water (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of linseed (30 g)
- Soak the linseed in water over night.
- The next day, strain the seeds and drink the liquid, preferably on an empty stomach.
As you can see, being able to unclog your arteries is a matter of implementing good habits, not relying solely on the consumption of a remedy or food as such. Thus, eat healthy, exercise, and always follow your doctor’s recommendations so that you improve and notice the benefits.