How to Reduce the Appearance of Wrinkles Naturally
As the years go by, our skin loses collagen and elastin. This makes it less supple and firm, and as a result, signs of aging appear. The good news is that there are effective treatments to minimize the appearance of wrinkles naturally.
The appearance of wrinkles is a normal and inevitable process. However, many factors increase signs of aging or cause wrinkles to appear prematurely. Pollution, tobacco, stress, and poor diet are some of them.
In addition to adopting healthy lifestyle habits, proper skincare contributes effectively to delaying the appearance of wrinkles and reducing them once they have already appeared. Below, read about five home remedies you can use to minimize the appearance of wrinkles.
You might like: Reduce Wrinkles with these 5 Honey Masks
Natural remedies to reduce the appearance of wrinkles
1. Olive oil
2. Yogurt and honey mask
A yogurt and honey mask is one of the most classic home remedies when it comes to preventing or reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
Some people believe that yogurt helps hydrate and soften the skin. On the other hand, an article published by the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology points out that honey also cleans the skin deeply and helps prevent wrinkles thanks to its powerful components.
To prepare this mask:
- Mix half a natural yogurt without sugar with a tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of lemon or orange juice.
- Then, apply it to your clean face and let act for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that time, it is removed with water.
You can repeat this application two or three times a week.
3. Avocado and banana face mask
You might like: How to Prevent Wrinkled Hands: 5 Treatments
4. Antioxidant serum with vitamin C to reduce the appearance of wrinkles
Preparing a homemade vitamin C-based antioxidant serum is easier than it may sound. Also, it is an ideal remedy for the treatment of wrinkles, crow’s feet, and expression lines.
As Dr. Jesús Honorato explains well, this is because skin oxidation is one of the processes that increase the risk of getting wrinkles, and vitamin C is an essential antioxidant.
To prepare this serum you need:
- 7.5 g of vitamin C powder
- 15 ml of distilled water
- 30 ml of liquid vegetable glycerin
- Dropper bottle
Here are the steps to follow to make it:
- The first thing to do is to heat the water in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Next, add the vitamin C and, once it is well diluted, add the glycerin and mix well.
- Finally, the put the mixture into the dropper.
Do not forget that this preparation should only be applied at night because vitamin C is photosensitive. Otherwise, spots may appear.
5. Collagen and wheat germ oil cream
- 97 g moisturizing cream
- 40 drops of collagen
- 20 drops of wheat germ oil
- Small jar for storing the cream
To make the mixture, just add the drops of collagen and wheat germ oil to the moisturizer and mix well. Then, transfer the preparation into the cream container.
This cream can be applied in the morning or at night.
Finally, it’s important to remember that you should go to the dermatologist if you have any questions. These natural remedies are not a substitute for a prescribed treatment.