How to Naturally Clean the Stove and Microwave
Unlike other rooms at home, cleaning the kitchen requires certain knowledge to correctly treat the furniture and appliances. In that sense, it can be sort of complicated to naturally clean the stove and the microwave, unless you have strategies like these here.
Sauce or crumbs can all fall into hard-to-reach places on your stove when it gets used a lot. Something similar happens in the microwave. These are appliances that get dirty every single day. Therefore, it’s very useful to have cleaning recommendations like the ones we’ll show you below.
Tips to Naturally Clean the Stove and Microwave
Below, we’ll show you some great tips to get rid of the dirt and grime on these everyday objects. The best of all is that you can do it completely naturally, and without resorting to expensive products with chemicals.
Tricks to Clean the Stove
Hot Water is Your First Ally
If your stove has a top layer of grease that you need to get rid of, there’s nothing more effective than hot water.
- Heat a little water in a pot and pour it over the dirty surface. You don’t need to use a lot since, the purpose is to detach it and soften it.
- After waiting a few minutes of the boiling water to work, clean the stove as you would normally. You can use a soft or steel sponge, depending on what your stove is made of.
Check out: Five Green Formulas to Degrease Kitchen Furniture
Baking Soda and Lemon Juice
These two natural ingredients can make an excellent cleaning solution to clean the stove and microwave. However, for this tip, we’ll focus on the stove.
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of baking soda (27 or 36 g)
- The juice of 2 or 3 lemons
Note: the quantities of these elements will vary depending on how much grease there is.
- Mix together both ingredients. You will see that it forms a dough that’s foamy at first.
- When it’s done bubbling, apply it on the stove and let it take effect.
- Then, use a sponge- preferably steel, if the surface allows it- and scrub to remove the dirt. Finally, remove the rest of it with a cloth and plenty of water.
Alcohol and Cotton
Did you know that alcohol is another element that can help you naturally clean the stove and microwave?
- What you have to do is soak the cotton in alcohol and rub it all over the whole dirty surface.
- Then, after waiting a few minutes, rub it again with an old toothbrush soaked in alcohol.
- Lastly, wipe the surface with a dry cloth to remove the rest of the grease.
Check out: 5 Cleaning Tricks if You Don’t Like to Clean
Tips to Clean the Microwave
Use Water and Lemon
This trick is extremely simple, but very useful.
- The juice of 1 lemon slice
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 1 leaf of parsley or 1 teaspoon of baking soda (4 g) (optional)
- Place a slice of lemon in a glass of water, or squeeze the juice in. You can also add a leaf of parsley or a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Then, turn on the appliance at a high power for a couple of minutes. The duration will depend on each microwave. The idea is that the water vapor will stick to the walls. Therefore, the glass should fog.
- Then, open the door and remove the glass very carefully so you don’t burn yourself. Then, you’ll just need to wipe down the inside with a kitchen cloth.
The appliance should now be perfectly clean. Plus, it’ll also smell great!
Use Baking Soda
Baking soda allows you to clean quickly and easily.
- You just have to place a spoonful of baking soda on a wet sponge. Then, wipe down the appliance with it.
- Finally, rinse it off with plenty of water and dry the walls with a dry cloth.
- Don’t forget to remove the plate and wheels as well. As they get dirty, they can start to smell bad. Wash it by hand as you would wash a normal plate.
Use Vinegar to Disinfect
The third tip in this list points to another natural element that you surely have at home: vinegar. With it, you can clean, disinfect, and deodorize your microwave quickly. However, it won’t smell as good as lemon.
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar (15 ml)
- 1.5 glasses of water (300 ml)
- Add the white vinegar to the water in a glass bowl and place it in the microwave.
- Then, turn it on for three minutes on high power.
- Next, simply wipe it down with a cloth when the interior is cool enough. If you use baking soda and water on the cleaning cloth, you’ll see that it’s even easier to remove the dirt.
As you can see, cleaning your stove and microwave doesn’t need big secrets or expensive products. With just a little creativity and a few ingredients, you can complete this task in just a few minutes.It might interest you...