How to Improve Blood Circulation with Turmeric
Many people who have circulation problems wonder what they can do to improve their quality of life and reduce the impact of the discomfort that afflicts them. This is why they decide to try remedies with turmeric to improve circulation.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is one of the ingredients of curry and has recently become popular as an ingredient in other recipes, due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory potential.
According to Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric can contribute to a healthy body in several ways. In line with this, researchers have conducted several studies to explore its potential.
At the moment, although the evidence seems to be promising, scientists point out that the clinical trial samples have been too small. So this means that it’s not possible to say for sure how much the properties of turmeric affect humans.
Next, let’s take a closer look at turmeric and the possible benefits of consuming it as a home remedy.
How can you improve your circulation?
Poor circulation can lead to the following problems:
- Cold hands and feet
- Leg pain
- Muscle cramps
- Irregular heartbeat
- Hair loss and dry skin.
- Numbness or tingling in parts of the body.
To counteract the effects of poor circulation, you need to improve your lifestyle and habits. First of all, it’s essential to avoid a sedentary lifestyle, since lack of exercise is one of the main risk factors associated with multiple diseases and ailments.
As well as adopting an active lifestyle, you need to improve your nutrition and hydration. If you’re used to drinking hardly any water, this must definitely change.
Good hydration contributes to blood flow and helps prevent and alleviate fluid retention.
Also read: Three Breakfast and Lunch Turmeric Recipes
A turmeric home remedy to improve blood circulation
According to popular belief, turmeric can help improve blood circulation. Its active ingredient, curcumin, which has antioxidant properties, is responsible for this improvement.
Here’s the recipe for a turmeric home remedy to improve circulation.
Discover more turmeric remedies: Five Impressive Anti-Inflammatory Remedies with Turmeric
Ingredients of the turmeric paste
- 1/4 cup of turmeric powder (30g)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper (2.5g)
- 1/2 cup of filtered water (125ml)
Preparation of the turmeric paste
- Firstly, put the ingredients into a saucepan.
- To be able to absorb turmeric and curcumin in the body and improve their affects, you need pepper. The piperine in pepper activates the curcumin in turmeric. Plus, it strengthens its effects. Therefore, add the pepper into the recipe is vital.
- Then, heat the mixture on low for a few minutes until a thick paste forms.
- Finally, let the mixture cool and refrigerate it.
Ingredients for “Golden Milk”
- 1 cup of vegetable milk (any kind you would like–almond, rice, coconut, etc.) (250ml)
- 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric paste (8g)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5g)
Preparation of golden milk
- First, heat all of the ingredients except for the honey in a saucepan. Then, stir frequently so that the ingredients dissolve without reaching a boil.
- After, add the honey and enjoy this delicious drink.
Include turmeric in a healthy diet.
While turmeric remedies are not going to cure any health problems or definitively alleviate discomfort from poor circulation (or other health problems), some people believe it can support a healthy lifestyle.
So, if you want to try a turmeric home remedy, keep in mind that it can never replace the treatment prescribed by your doctor. However, it can be used alongside such treatment to complement it.
To sum up, remember that the best thing you can do for your health is to maintain good lifestyle habits. Eat healthy, drink lots of water, exercise daily, avoid staying for too long in the same position and always follow your doctor’s recommendations.It might interest you...