How to Have a Picnic at Home
A picnic at home is a simple and fun way to share some time with your family, friends, partner, or yourself. In addition, it’s a versatile activity, because you can choose any corner of your home to carry it out. Whether it’s your bedroom, the living room, or your yard, anything goes!
Therefore, you don’t have to go out of your way to look for an outdoor spot in a park. You can spread a couple of blankets on the ground, bring some snacks, and invite family or friends.
It’s very practical when you want to fight boredom and try different things other than watching series or movies. At the same time, with this activity, you can enjoy a sunny afternoon without going out.
Would you like to know how to have a picnic at home?
Tips for having a picnic at home
One of the advantages of having a picnic is that you can enjoy a nice meal in the company of your family and friends. You can even surprise your partner with an anniversary picnic or have a date with yourself.
Moreover, it’s an inexpensive and creative activity that doesn’t require going out to share good quality time with your loved ones. However, when you’re going to have a picnic at home, you should take into account the following recommendations.
1. Look for a comfortable place
The spot you choose is an essential element to having a picnic at home. Therefore, try to find a warm and large space that’s outdoors. For example, the yard, terrace, or balcony.
However, if you want to do it on a rainy day or you do not have an outdoor space at home, don’t worry. In this case, the living room is your best option.
2. Use blankets for your picnic at home
Whether you picnic on the ground or your backyard lawn, a couple of blankets or tablecloths are necessary to keep you comfortable. Likewise, you can gather some cushions to lie down and watch a movie or the clouds in the sky.
3. Bring a good book
Imagine enjoying the pages you love so much with a good meal. If you’re planning this picnic as a time to spend with yourself, then you can opt for the company of a book. A great read allows you to let your imagination and creativity run wild. At the same time, reading gives you new knowledge.
4. Include board games in your picnic at home
Want to add some fun to your picnic? Try some fun board games! This plan’s ideal for family and friends. Some games to choose from are cards, monopoly, or Jenga. So have fun!
Continue reading: Fun Offline Activities for Children
5. Prepare something tasty
Food’s the most important part of the picnic. Therefore, you can prepare simple dishes, such as sandwiches and pizza, or more elaborate meals, such as lasagna. You can also make desserts or snacks – let’s get to work!
6. Add beverages according to the weather
There are a variety of beverages that you can include to accompany this activity. However, take into account the weather you’re in.
If it’s cold, coffee or hot tea are great options. While if you are in a hot climate, you can opt for a soft drink, juice, or iced tea. You also have the alternative of making delicious cocktail mixes for the evening.
7. Avoid plastic
To accompany your meal, it’s advisable to use reusable plates, glasses, and cutlery. This way, you reduce the use of plastic and environmental pollution. Remember that plastic turns into small fragments that accumulate toxic substances.
8. Include decorations for your picnic
For this activity, you can add flowers to provide a different touch. Another way to decorate is to make a fictitious bonfire with Christmas lights and stones you find in your yard.
Perfect food ideas for a picnic at home
Without a doubt, a must-have item at a picnic is the iconic picnic basket. And one advantage is that you’re at home, so you can use your own cutlery and improvise some delicious homemade dishes.
In fact, you don’t even need to make elaborate recipes. Remember that less is more and a simple meal is enough. That’s why we want to suggest 6 food options for a picnic at home. Jot these down!
- Cheese sandwiches: Sandwiches are very common when it comes to making a quick and uncomplicated meal. For their filling, you can use cream cheese or melted cheese. In addition, together with a soft drink, they’re an ideal plan.
- Caesar salad: This option is very light and versatile. It can be served with some bread and cheese cubes on one side of the plate. It’s easy and very tasty.
- Homemade pizza: With the help of a tasty homemade meal you can conquer anyone’s stomach. That is why homemade pizza is a good choice to accompany a romantic or family picnic.
- Vanilla cookies: Don’t leave the sweets out of your picnic menu. In that sense, baking cookies is the easiest thing to do when it comes to desserts.
- Chocolate cake: One of the most popular sweets at any gathering is a moist chocolate cake. It’s delicious and most people like it. Besides, you can serve it with some ice cream. Delicious!
- Truffles with white chocolate: On the other hand, simple and creamy chocolate truffles dipped in white chocolate are great for your guests. You can fill them with cream and decorate the outside with colored sprinkles.
Discover: 2 Caesar Salad Recipes
When’s the best time to have a picnic at home?
There’s no specific time for this activity. Therefore, you can do it in the morning, in the afternoon, or even at night. However, determining the time allows you to choose the food, drinks, decoration, and the appropriate place.
For example, in the morning, you have the option of including a light breakfast or lunch. Similarly, if you decide to do it under the moonlight, you can decorate the place with candles or lights.
So, what are you waiting for?
Get ready to create a special picnic right in the comfort of your home!
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Marchant T, Lucchini G, Cuadrado B. ¿Por qué leer bien es importante?: Asociación del Dominio Lector con otros aprendizajes. Psykhe (Internet). 2007. (Consultado 1 de May 2021); 16 (2). Disponible en: https;//scielo.conicyt.cl.