4 Ginkgo Biloba Remedies and How to Make Them
Due to its particular properties, ginkgo biloba can be used in both tea form and as a topical remedy for localized pain.
Ginkgo biloba is a medicinal plant used by many to prevent and improve memory problems. However, it does a lot more than that for your health. In fact, it’s one of the best remedies out there for certain disorders.
Read on and learn about 4 homemade ginkgo biloba remedies for naturally treating health issues like migraines, mild depression, and premature aging.
Homemade ginkgo biloba remedies
1. Swollen legs
Painful, swollen legs is a problem that affects many people, especially women. In particular, it’s seen in people with poor circulation and fluid retention, those who are overweight, and pregnant women. Unfortunately, it can really interfere with your day and make the normal end-of-day tiredness that much worse.
However, you can make a topical remedy yourself to apply to your legs. It has the power to get your blood flowing and also helps prevent varicose veins and reduce cellulite if you use it consistently.
- 1/2 cup of coconut or almond oil (100 g)
- 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel (90 g)
- 30 drops of ginkgo biloba extract
- 15 drops of rosemary essential oil
- To begin, stir the coconut or almond oil with the aloe vera gel until well-mixed.
- Then add the extract and essential oil. Mix again.
- Store the remedy in an airtight container, somewhere that’s cool and dry.
- Use the lotion to massage your legs, always starting from your ankles and working your way up.
We recommend reading:
Discover the Incredible Uses and Benefits of Rosemary
Gnkgo biloba has been proven to be an effective natural remedy for migraines and headaches in general. To be specific, it encourages good brain oxygenation, which leads to quick relief. Here, we’ll combine it with refreshing mint for its vasodilator effect.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (olive, almond, coconut, jojoba, argan) (30 g)
- 5 drops of ginkgo biloba essential oil
- 5 drops of mint essential oil
- Mix the three oils together and store in a small jar.
- The resultant mixture will serve as a balm that you’ll use in small amounts.
- Just apply a few drops to your temples or painful areas of you head. You should feel almost immediate relief.
3. Mild depression
Depression is a disorder that requires professional treatment.
In this remedy, we’ll bring together multiple medicinal plants with antidepressant qualities. Remember, though, that you should eat well, exercise, and make lifestyle changes as well if you want to find the happiness and joy that you’re missing.
- 5 cups of water (1 liter)
- 2 teaspoons of ginkgo biloba (6 g)
- 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger (5 g)
- 1 tablespoon of passionflower (4 g)
- First of all, set the water on to boil.
- Then, once it begins boiling, remove from heat and add the medicinal plants.
- Next, cover and let steep 10 minutes.
- Drink over the course of the day, apart from meals. Usually treatments like these should be taken for at least a month.
You may also be interested in this article:
4. Ginkgo biloba for antioxidants
If you drink a cup of ginkgo biloba tea, you’re treating your body to antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenols. As a result, they will work in your body to neutralize free radicals that make you age and eventually lead to degenerative illnesses.
Other factors that speed up cellular oxidation:
- Poor eating habits
- Toxic habits like smoking and drinking
- Stress and negative emotions
- Excessive exposure to the sun
Below we’ll show you how to make an antioxidant facial lotion to prevent wrinkles. However, consuming ginkgo biloba tea or its extract will also help fight free radicals.
- 4 tablespoons of argan oil (60 g)
- 10 drops of ginkgo biloba essential oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- First, mix the three oils together and store in an airtight container (it does not need to be refrigerated).
- Apply the mixture to your face as if it were a serum, before moisturizing lotion, in the morning and at night.