Four Feng Shui Tips for Your Home
Feng shui consists of achieving a harmonic space in which chi energy can flow positively. For this purpose, small changes in the decoration or the orientation of your furniture can positively impact your well-being.
Feng shui is more than just making some changes to improve your home’s decoration or a new Oriental trend. On the contrary, it’s an art with the main goal of achieving balance and harmony in the different areas of a home. Do you know how to apply feng shui tips in your home?
In this article, we share some of the best feng shui tips to spruce up your living room, kitchen, and bedroom. Don’t miss out!
An ancient art
Feng shui means “wind and water”. It’s an ancient Chinese art based on the theory that people must occupy spaces consciously and harmoniously. This way, their harmony can be transmitted to people, improving their mood and well-being.
According to this theory, there’s an energy called “chi”. In turn, objects and orientations can alter chi. The goal is to order different spaces so that chi can flow correctly, impregnating the environment and those who inhabit it with positivity.
Therefore, feng shui has many elements or concepts. Among them, we must highlight yin and yang, the concept of dualism and balance.
Actually, these are two concepts that aren’t opposite but complementary. For example, north and south, winter and summer, male and female, etc. Surely, you’re familiar with the image of a circle with two parts in perfect harmony. In fact, yin and yang are the two poles of chi energy.
Feng shui tips for your home
Our goal is to give you some advice from this ancient art for you to harmonize your home. For this, in addition to being careful with the balance between yin and yang, you must also take other aspects into account.
1. The five elements
Chi is expressed through the elements: water, fire, earth, metal, and wood. Thus, you must combine elements and objects of these characteristics to achieve harmony in your home:
- For example, you can include a fish tank or aquarium in your living room for the water aspect.
- In addition, you can place one or more pots to also include wood.
- Good lighting symbolizes the presence of fire in the room.
- Some decorative elements (in silver or gold) will provide the room with the necessary metal.
- Finally, you can also include the earth with clay decorative elements.
This article may interest you: 7 Mistakes in Small Room Design
2. The importance of the entrance hall
The entrance to the house is the entrance to chi. As it’s the entry point for everything negative and positive, you must pay special attention to it.
In this regard, you must include welcoming elements in the entrance hall. Therefore, it’s a good idea to place plants and flowers or family photos. In addition, you should use soft and pleasant colors that provide the space with light and balance.
On the other hand, you must correctly illuminate your entrance hall. This is because chi doesn’t flow properly in dark and gloomy places.
3. Chi in the kitchen
The orientals say that Chi flows throughout your house and all the beings and objects inside it. For this reason, when you cook, chi will also flow in the food and meals you make. Therefore, you must guarantee that the energy in your kitchen is optimal.
To do this, keep in mind:
- First of all, fire (stove) and water (sink, dishwasher) shouldn’t be directly facing each other.
- You can harmonize this opposition by including wood. So, a good idea is to place flower pots in your kitchen or include the color green.
- On the other hand, fire (oven, stove) shouldn’t be the first thing you see when you open the door.
We recommend you to read: 6 Brilliant Ways to Decorate a Small Kitchen
4. The bed in your bedroom
Getting good rest is important. For this reason, the location of the bed in a bedroom is essential, as it will allow the chi to flow positively, allowing proper rest.
Here are some tips:
- Firstly, your bed should be as far as possible from your bedroom door.
- In addition, it’s important to make sure you don’t place big lamps or fans over the bed. This is because these elements could be understood as threatening.
- On the other hand, if there are mirrors in your bedroom, it’s advisable to make sure that your image isn’t reflected on them when you’re in your bed.
- Finally, your bed shouldn’t be aligned with the bedroom door.
We hope that these feng shui tips allow you to harmonize your home. But remember that this ancient art can offer many more tips to achieve harmonious environments where chi flows in a positive way. Perhaps this belief will influence your mood and, therefore, your well-being and balance.