Easy Steak Neapolitan Recipe
For all foodies that love being creative with food, we bring you this super easy and delicious steak Neapolitan recipe. It can be prepared with any cut of steak, as long as you follow the rest of the steps.
Learn to make this delicious meal that all the family will enjoy. It’s so simple!
Veal is classed as a red meat, in particular beef. Its smooth texture makes it easy to eat and digest. The animal generally eats grass or grains; this is how it gets its pinkish color. Additionally, veal has plenty of benefits and properties that your body needs. It’s packed with proteins, saturated fats (eat in moderation), vitamins B, E and K, and essential minerals such as iron, potassium, phosphorus, and sodium.
Now, when we talk about a “Neapolitan” recipe, we mean something that has a topping, like a pizza. Meaning, with tomato sauce, mozzarella, ham and mushrooms, and put in the oven after.
So, are you curious about how to make steak Neapolitan? If the answer is yes, then learn to make it with this easy and delicious homemade recipe that even the little ones will love.
You may be interested in: Delicious Antioxidant Tomato Sauce
Super easy homemade steak Neapolitan recipe
You don’t have to have an oven for this recipe. It can also be made using a microwave or you can use a blow torch to grill the sauce and cheese. As we mentioned earlier, the steak we’ll be using is veal. But, you can use chicken, pork, lamb, or even turkey; it doesn’t matter as long as you use fillets.
- 4 steak fillets (1kg)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs (200g)
- 1 cup of ham, shredded (200g)
- 3 tomatoes (300g)
- 1 cup of mozzarella, shredded (200g)
- 1 tablespoon of oregano (15g)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil (60ml)
- Paper towel
- 1 onion (100g)
- Basil leaves to decorate
- 1/2 cup of water (125ml)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15g)
- Cling film
Discover: Parmesan veal steaks, an easy recipe
How to prepare the tomato sauce
- First, place the tomatoes in a bowl and crush them into a paste
- Then, add water until you get a thick sauce
- Finally, cover with cling film and leave it in the fridge
How to prepare the steak Neapolitan
- First, fry the fillets before putting them in the oven to avoid them being raw
- To do this, put the breadcrumbs on a clean plate and coat the fillets
- Then, warm up some of the olive oil in a pan. Fry them until they become golden; they will cook more later in the oven.
- Next, remove from the heat, place on a paper towel and allow them to cool
- Once cool, place the steaks on a baking sheet. Try to fit them all on one tray to lower the cooking time
- Next, cover the steaks with the pre-prepared tomato sauce
- Then top with the mozzarella and ham.
- Finely chop the onion and add to the tray.
- Add the herbs and season well. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes at 180ºC.
- Finally, remove from the oven, allow to sit and decorate with the basil leaves. Enjoy!
- One trick is to marinate the meat for a few hours before preparing it. To do this, place the steaks on a tray, cover with red wine and some spices of your choice and leave in the fridge for 2 hours.
- If you don’t own an oven, you can use a microwave. You only need to cook them for 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn them.
- If you have a blow torch, you can use some foil and pass the flame over it to grill the sauce, cheese and ham.
- You can also add other ingredients such as sausage or mushroom, like you would a pizza.
Enjoy our Steak Neapolitan recipe!It might interest you...