2 Delicious and Easy Carrot Cake Recipes
Are you looking for a fast and easy dessert recipe? Or maybe you want to make a cake that also offers nutritional benefits? Either way, we’ve got what you’re looking for. Keep reading to discover 2 delicious and easy carrot cake recipes!
Carrot cake is a typical and popular desert in the United States. However, it’s also gaining popularity around the world. And that should come as no surprise, given how delicious it is!
One of the main ingredients in any carrot cake recipe is, of course, carrot! But are you aware of all of the benefits that this delicious vegetable offers?
- It’s rich in vitamins A, B3, E, and K.
- At the same time, carrots are rich in carotenoids.
- Carrots are also a source of minerals, including potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, iodine, and calcium.
- Eating these vegetables promotes visual health.
- The flavenoids in carrots help to improve skin health.
- Given their fiber and water content, carrots aid in intestinal transit.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious and healthy treat, what better than to try these easy carrot cake recipes?
2 delicious and easy carrot cake recipes
Traditional carrot cake
For the cake:
- 7 cups of carrots, shredded
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of yeast
- 28 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- First of all, you’ll need to wash, peel, and grate your carrots. Then, preheat your over to 350ºF.
- Next, mix the flour, salt, cinnamon, and yeast in a large mixing bowl. We recommend sifting the flour.
- Then, in another bowl, beat together the eggs, and both the white and brown sugar until both are well dissolved.
- Now, add the egg mixture a little as a time to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix well with a hand beater until you have a smooth, homogenous batter.
- Next, add the shredded carrots and stir to integrate them into the batter.
- And now it’s time to add the oil. Be sure to add just a little at a time while stirring well.
- Now you can grease your cake pan and pour in the batter. Place in your preheated oven and allow it to bake for 14 minutes.
- For best results, use an 8-inch cake pan. That way, you’ll end up with a tall cake, which you’ll need to cut in half vertically later on.
- When the cake is thoroughly baked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
- In the meantime, you can prepare your frosting. All you need to do is blend the cream cheese and powdered sugar with a hand blender.
- Once your cake is cool, slice it in half horizontally. Then, spread half of your frosting over the bottom half of your cake, and then place the top half back on.
- Finally, use the remaining frosting to cover the top of your take. Place it in the refrigerator to chill and then… Enjoy!
Discover more delicious carrot recipes: How to Make Carrot Soap
Vegan carrot cake
- 2 cups of whole-grain flour
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 6 cups of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cups olive or sunflower oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- The seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- A pinch of powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon of dry yeast
- First of all, wash, peel, and grate your carrots. Also, preheat your over to 350 degrees.
- Then, sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, salt, yeast, cinnamon, and ginger. In other words, all of the dry ingredients except the vanilla bean. Mix well.
- In another bowl, add the oil, vanilla, and water, and mix well.
- Then, slowly add the contents of the second bowl to the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir constantly as you go to obtain a smooth, homogeneous mixture.
- Next, pour in the grated carrots and mix well with a spoon.
- Now, grease your cake pan and pour in the mixture. Then, place it in the preheated oven and allow it to bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Once the time is up, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool.
- And now it’s time to enjoy your delicious vegan carrot cake!
Want another irresistable desert rescipe? Try: The Easiest Apple Tart Recipe
As you can see, both of these recipes are easy to prepare. All you need to do is mix the ingredients and put them in the oven!
Furthermore, if you want to add a special touch, you can add almond slices to the top of your cake. Not only does this add character to your cake, but it also adds flavor and nutrition. If you’re not an almond fan, raisins are another excellent option.
In any case, we’re sure you’ll enjoy either of these easy carrot cake recipes. Pair them with coffee and enjoy them with friends, or treat your family to a delicious dessert.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Infoagro. El cultivo de la zanahoria. Oleaginosos: 38-41. 1992.
- TeenHealth FN. Información nutricional. From Nemours. 2013.
- Dias, J. (2014). “Nutritional and Health Benefits of Carrots and Their Seed Extracts”. Food and Nutrition Sciences. 05. 2147-2156. 10.4236/fns.2014.522227.