Celery Seeds: A Natural Tea for High Blood Pressure
If you’ve just undergone a medical treatment, talk with a specialist before trying this. Pregnant women should also avoid it.
Celery seeds are a little known food today. Believe it or not, they’re an excellent treatment for high blood pressure and other disorders.
However, it’s important to know how to take them and what the potential side effects are.
High blood Pressure
In today’s article, discover the amazing properties of celery seed tea to prevent and treat multiple diseases, such as:
- High blood pressure
- High blood pressure
There are many natural remedies that can help you reduce high blood pressure.
Ideally, however, you want to prevent it from occurring in the first place through a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. For example, it’s important to avoid stimulants such as coffee or tea, and also excess stress.
When determining the appropriate natural treatment, it’s important to differentiate between two types of high blood pressure:
- Minimally high: The origin of the disorder is usually related to the functioning of the kidneys. It will be important to lose weight if that’s a problem and reduce your consumption of red meat, sausages, and cheese, and increase your intake of fruits and vegetables.
- Minimum and maximum high: In these cases, high blood pressure is usually related to permanent nervous states. Therefore, the main focus of treatment should be to balance the nervous system with supplements, therapies, and changes in your lifestyle.
In this sense, one natural remedy that helps treat both types of high blood pressure are celery seeds. Let’s find out more about their characteristics, its properties for health, and how to consume them.
Celery is a vegetable known for its healing properties. However, the seeds are much less well known, although they are a natural remedy for high blood pressure and other disorders. These small brown seeds are commonly used in Asian cuisine as an aromatic spice.
Celery seeds are rich in nutrients, particularly antioxidants. They contain flavonoids, omega 6 and linoleic fatty acids, and minerals such as calcium, iron, sodium, and zinc.
An oil and an extract can be extracted from these seeds, which, thanks to their aroma, are often used in perfumes and other similar products.
For centuries they have been used as a natural treatment for soothing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and diuretic purposes.
The Health Benefits of Celery Seeds
Celery seeds provide the following health benefits:
- Thanks to their vasodilator and diuretic effects, they normalize blood flow and prevent and reduce arterial high blood pressure.
- Combat fluid retention and prevent swelling and edema.
- They balance the digestive system and the intestines, and relieve disorders such as flatulence, poor digestion, or lack of appetite.
- They treat certain nervous disorders such as anxiety or insomnia.
- Celery seeds improve the health of the joints and prevent arthritis.
- They reduce muscle aches.
- Celery seeds prevent urinary tract infections.
- They increase the libido naturally.
- These seeds can even regulate menstrual disorders.
- Interestingly, they are also an excellent repellent against mosquitoes.
A Natural Remedy for High Blood Pressure
To prepare this natural remedy for high blood pressure, you’ll make a tea using the following ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of celery seeds (5 g)
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Stevia (to taste)
Follow these steps:
- Boil the water and add the celery seeds.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Cover the saucepan and let steep for 10 more minutes.
- Strain off the liquid and sweeten to taste.
Discover : Sugar Free Desserts You Should Try
How should you take it?
To consume this natural remedy, remember the following tips:
- Drink this tea on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast, for at least one month.
- In times of crisis you can drink two cups a day.
- If you don’t want to drink this infusion you can also find the seeds in capsules, tablets, or extract form.
This treatment is not recommended for people who are allergic to celery or for pregnant, as it can cause a miscarriage.
It’s important to note that if you’re already taking medications for high blood pressure you should consult with a doctor before starting this remedy.
In particular, this remedy may interfere with medications for diuretic, anticoagulant, sedative, thyroid, kidney, or blood disorders.