Benefits of Drinking Baking Soda Water Daily
To prevent the body from becoming too alkaline, we have a solution for you! Baking soda water! Just put half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and take it after each main meal.
We all know that baking soda is a common product in millions of homes around the world. Not only can it be used in cooking, but it is also a great cleaning aid, and can even improve our health.
The truth is that most people prefer more well-known conventional products. Some, however, do take advantage of the benefits of baking soda in several aspects of their lives.
Having said all of this, however, it’s important to note that you should consume baking soda in moderation. Taking it regularly can support general body functions by regulating the blood’s natural pH levels. By doing this, it helps to reduce acid levels.
Dissolving baking soda in water is one of the most ancient and common remedies worldwide. It has been shown to be an effective way to protect the body against several diseases.
A natural antacid
Baking soda’s natural antacid properties are one of the reasons why it is so commonly used. Because of this, by consuming baking soda you can help to neutralize stomach acids and prevent uncomfortable heartburn.
When diluted in a glass of water it can help to reduce inflammation and gas, and provides quick relief from indigestion.
A natural alkalizer
Most diets generate acid in the body, thus making our bodies susceptible to the development of different disorders and illnesses. Baking soda is a natural remedy for balancing the body’s pH. Acid in the body can raise the risk of osteoporosis and arthritis, for example.
That’s why this cheap, common ingredient could be the best natural remedy to prevent these conditions from developing. Be careful to drink a minimal amount daily. Don’t take too much as this could be damaging to the body, making it too alkaline.
A natural antiseptic
Baking soda has a mild antiseptic effect and you can use it to eliminate different viruses and bacteria that can cause disease. Because of this, it can be used to treat sore throats and inflammation by gargling it.
Alleviates urinary tract infections
Baking soda water can act as a protective barrier against urinary tract infections. This is due to its ability to reduce acid levels in urine. Drinking it alongside water and cranberry juice are two other common ways to prevent recurrent UTIs.
Treats gout and other joint problems
High levels of uric acid in the urine and blood in muscle tissue can cause pain and chronic diseases like gout or arthritis. Baking soda water can normalize blood pH and reduce this type of acid. Many people use it as a remedy to treat these diseases.
Increases physical performance
The lactic acid released during physical activity can accumulate in muscles and joints. This creates stiffness and muscular fatigue. To prevent this from affecting your physical performance, baking soda water can be used to help control the levels of this acid.
Drinking mineral water with baking soda could have a positive effect on reducing high cholesterol. This especially applies to LDL, also known as “bad cholesterol”. However, due to high sodium levels, this is not advisable for people with high blood pressure, as it could exacerbate their condition.
How to make baking soda water
Remember, excessive consumption could create dangerous negative effects. For this reason you’ll need to adhere to the following instructions carefully.
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda (3 grams)
- 1 glass water (200 ml)
Stir well and drink after each main meal.
For alleviating colds and the flu
This remedy is perfect for fighting the microorganisms that cause colds, the flu and other allergies.
In these situations, use the remedy as follows:
- On the 1st day: Take five doses of one half tablespoon baking soda in one glass of water every three hours.
- Day 2: Take three doses (same amount), spread throughout the day.
- Day 3: Take the same dosage after lunch and another after dinner.
Although it doesn’t taste that great, baking soda is a great health supplement that should be used on a daily basis. Start adding it to your diet and you’ll soon notice the positive results.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Biblioteca Nacional de Medicina de los EE.UU. Bicarbonato de sodio. https://medlineplus.gov/spanish/druginfo/meds/a682001-es.html
- WebMD. Baking Soda. https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/baking-soda-do-dont#1
- Trials. 2013; 14: 196. Published online 2013 Jul 4. Effect of oral sodium bicarbonate supplementation on progression of chronic kidney disease in patients with chronic metabolic acidosis: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial (SoBic-Study). doi: 10.1186/1745-6215-14-196
- Ione de Brito-Ashurst, Mira Varagunam, Martin J. Raftery and Muhammad M. Yaqoob
JASN September 2009, 20 (9) 2075-2084; Bicarbonate Supplementation Slows Progression of CKD and Improves Nutritional Status. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1681/ASN.2008111205
- Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University. (2018). Drinking baking soda could be an inexpensive, safe way to combat autoimmune disease. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/04/180425093745.htm
- Compend Contin Educ Dent Suppl. 1997;18(21):S17-21;quiz S46. Antibacterial Activity of Baking Soda. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12017929/
- International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences, 2016, 5, 8:22-29. Association between sodium bicarbonate consumption and human health: A systematic review . https://www.ijmrhs.com/medical-research/association-between-sodium-bicarbonate-consumption-and-human-health-a-systematic-review.pdf