Bay Leaves and Cinnamon Treatment for Weight Loss
In addition to promoting better digestion and preventing gas, tea made with bay leaves and cinnamon is very satisfying, and it'll help you avoid snacking.
In today’s article we want to bring you an excellent treatment for weight loss made with bay leaves and cinnamon. It’s not so much a “miracle” cure, but rather an aid to help your body deal better with stubborn fat that can be so hard to get rid of.
This natural tea is made with two fantastic ingredients for your general well-being. Nevertheless, you need to remember not to overdo it.
If you exceed the recommended consumption of bay leaves, for example, you can experience some unpleasant side effects. The key, therefore, lies in balance. If you maintain a diverse diet and incorporate a cup of this tea right after your meals, you’ll notice some great benefits.
It’s an aromatic beverage that’s also good for your digestion and overall health. You’ll feel better and it’s worth finding out more.
Below, we’ll explain what it can do for you.
Bay leaves and cinnamon, an old tradition
It’s possible that some of you have never even heard of the laurel tree, the source of bay leaves. This is a perennial shrub that has multiple different properties, and is especially common in Mediterranean cuisine.
- The Greeks and the Romans, for example, integrated bay leaves into their traditions for centuries. They particularly revered it for its digestive, expectorant, nutritious, and even healing properties.
- In fact, the Latin root of laurel, “laurus,” means “award, or prize winner,” representing these characteristics of power and virtue.
Here you have a plant that is highly regarded in the world of natural medicine and, in turn, when combined with a wonderful spice like cinnamon, turns into a good treatment that’s worth trying. We’ll now explain why it’s a good idea to incorporate it into your regular diet.
A digestive treatment
Both bay leaves and cinnamon are characterized by their antiseptic, digestive, and diuretic properties. Something as simple as drinking a cup of this tea just after your meals will help improve your digestion, avoiding both gas and acidity.
- At the same time, it will also help prevent urinary tract infections. These two ingredients allow your body to cope with e. coli bacteria or the fungus known as Candida albicans, which causes vaginal infections.
- You might be interested to learn that in Asian cuisine, it’s quite common to combine cinnamon and bay leaves in many different recipes.
They not only provide exceptional flavors, but also have a satisfying effect that will keep you from getting hungry in between meals.
See also: 6 Remedies for Urinary Tract Infections
A tea with many nutrients
As you already know, teas are not usually known for their high nutritional content. That is not the case with this tea. It naturally balances your health and well-being so you can face every day at your optimum levels.
Aside from being a cleansing, diuretic, satisfying, and digestive tea, it will also provide you with the following:
- Vitamins A, C, and B-complex vitamins, we well as niacin, riboflavin, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid, and folic acid.
- It’s also a source of minerals (calcium, potassium, manganese, magnesium, copper, iron, selenium, and zinc).
It regulates your metabolism
Combining bay leaves and cinnamon is a great way to regulate your metabolism. Bay leaves, for example, not only help you eliminate toxins; they also reduce uric acid levels in your body and help control high blood sugar levels.
- Both laurel and cinnamon improve your circulation, care for your liver, and speed up your metabolism so that you can burn fat more easily.
- Another important fact we should note is that this beverage is very suitable for diabetics.
Keep in mind, however, that you can’t consume bay leaves themselves: remember to always remove them from your dishes when you serve them, or when you go to drink your tea.
Find out: 10 Home Remedies for Excess Uric Acid
How to make this bay leaf and cinnamon treatment
- 1 liter of water
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 5 bay leaves
You can find both bay leaves and cinnamon in any natural store. You want the dried bay leaves and cinnamon in stick, not ground, form. This will help your tea give you the maximum benefit.
- The preparation is very simple. All you need to do is heat a liter of water in a saucepan. Once it comes to a boil, add the bay leaves and cinnamon.
- Allow the tea to simmer for 20 minutes. After this time, remove it from heat and let it sit for at least half an hour.
- Next, all you need to do is strain off the liquid. You can store it in a glass bottle for later.
- Drink the liquid over the course of the day. Have a cup in the morning on an empty stomach and the following cups after your meals. You can repeat this treatment two to three times a week and see how it makes you feel.
If you maintain a healthy diet and get a little exercise, this tea will help you lose weight and inches more easily.
It’s worth a try!