An Aloe Treatment to Elevate Your Platelet Count
If you have a low platelet count, it’s not always easy to elevate it. Certain foods can help, however, like aloe. The aloe plant has so many amazing medicinal properties that you should always have it in your home.
In today’s article, find out why it’s important to keep a high platelet count and how you can use aloe vera to achieve it. We’ll also share some foods with you that can enhance this treatment and improve your health.
A Healthy Platelet Count
Platelets are essential for blood clotting. When your platelet count is too low, a condition that’s known as thrombocytopenia develops and you’re at an increased risk for both internal and external bleeding due to an injury. If your count is a little low but still within the safe range, now is the best time to try a treatment like the one we’ll share in today’s article.
We should emphasize that these types of treatments are good for prevention and to elevate a moderately low platelet count only. Even if it is natural, we do not recommend any treatment without medical supervision if your count is well below normal, you suffer from another disorder, or are taking medication.
Aloe Vera, Orange, and Honey Treatment
This treatment combines the medicinal properties of three excellent ingredients:
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera can be used to treat practically anything, both internal and external. The juice from the leaves of this plant are very beneficial for raising your platelet count and cleansing your bloodstream at the same time.
- Orange: Orange juice, like the juice from other citrus fruits, is very rich in vitamin C. This helps boost your platelet production. It must be all natural juice, however, without added sugar and other ingredients.
- Honey: Honey is a natural antibiotic that you should consume every day. In this case, it boosts your platelet and red cell production. You should always choose pure, organic honey.
- ½ cup of aloe vera juice (100 ml)
- 1 cup of natural orange juice (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of pure honey (20 g)
You can make your own aloe vera juice at home if you have the plant.
- Slice open one of the stalks, scrape out the bitter yellowish gel, and add it to a blender with the orange juice. You can also use store-bought aloe gel or juice, but be sure it’s 100% pure without any added ingredients.
- Puree the aloe vera gel and orange juice, then sweeten with honey.
How should you consume it?
- To naturally elevate your platelet count, we suggest taking this treatment in the morning on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast.
- Continue the treatment for at least three weeks.
- Ideally, you should repeat this process a few times a year to maintain a high platelet count.
- You should also have regular medical checkups.
To enhance the effects of the treatment, we suggest reducing or avoiding the consumption of processed meats and sausages, dairy products, and alcohol. It’s always preferable to consume organic foods. Finally, use caution when taking aspirin.
Discover: Four Surprising Uses of Aspirin
Other Ways to Raise Your Platelet Count
In addition to the treatment outlined above, you can also add certain foods to your diet to get faster results:
- Papaya leaf: The leaves of the papaya tree are excellent for elevating your platelet count. You can blend a piece of this leaf and sweeten it with honey to mask the bitter flavor.
- Green vegetables: Green vegetables are very rich in vitamin K, which improves blood clotting. When you consume arugula, broccoli, Swiss chard, spinach, and more, your platelet count will reap the benefits.
- Coconut water: The liquid found inside a fresh coconut provides excellent hydration, plenty of minerals, and is very good for your health.
- Garlic: Raw garlic is another ideal medicinal food for boosting your platelet count and cleansing the bloodstream, in general. You can blend it into a soup or vegetable juice to improve your digestion and absorption of nutrients.