In this article, you’ll find eight useful tips to getting a thinner face by reducing fluid retention and swelling, as well as with firming creams and facial exercises.
How can we get rid of that fat that accumulates on our cheeks or chin? Many times we may have successful weight loss, but our face is still round and full, which can take away from our beauty. We’ll show you 8 tips for a thinner face.
Is it even possible to achieve a thinner face?
We normally associate losing weight with having a thinner face. There are times, however, when even though we have lost the weight, we still have the chubby cheeks and double chin we don’t like.
Usually this is caused by fluid retention, or perhaps a side-effect of some medication. We will show you how to get a thinner face by:
- Facial exercise
- Firming creams
You definitely don’t need a plastic surgeon. We assure you that with consistency you can reach your goal. If you are taking medication, though, and notice your face swells as a result, check with your doctor to see if it’s an unexpected side effect of the medicine. Medications such as cortico-steroids can drastically change a person’s appearance.
Facial weight loss tips
1. Avoid retaining water
As usual, proper nutrition is key. One of the main causes of swelling in the face is due to water retention. If your cheeks or eyelids are swelling, what can you do? Follow a cleansing diet. Eliminate salt, sugar, sweets, refined flour, red meats… start your day off with lukewarm water with lemon, then follow with a healthy breakfast; for example, a cup of oatmeal with grapes or cherries, any red fruit will do.
It’s ideal to drink pineapple juice, eat papaya, and drink a green tea each day. All this will help cleanse your body of toxins, which will in turn release the water weight.
2. Drink 2 liters of water each day
Hydration, hydration, hydration! We have to stay well hydrated for our organs to help in the detoxification process; this will help the kidneys function better. If you are impartial to water, try adding some lemon for flavor.
3. Herbal teas
There are 3 tea infusions that can help you out with the detox, while helping burn fat. The first tea is ginger. You can drink this twice a day.
The second is green tea, a great anti-oxidant and detoxifier.
The third is a eucalyptus infusion, which aids in circulation, eliminating toxins, and is great for any diet. You can also drink this twice a day.
4. Homemeade firming cream
Firming creams for the face are plentiful in the market today. You can choose whichever suits you best. As for us, we recommend a homemade remedy that’s all-natural:
- Plain yogurt (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp oats
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 capsule Vitamin E (available in the pharmacy)
All you need to do is mix the ingredients together well, and apply it on your face 2 nights a week. Massage the cream into your skin and let sit for 15 minutes. Wash with cold water.
5. Facial exercises
- Big, over-exaggerated smile. We know smiling is good, but you should stand in front of the mirror and give this a go! Exercise your face by smiling ear-to-ear, repeating 15 times. Easy, right?!
- Fish face. Obviously, we’d do this in our alone time, right? This facial move will help burn fat on your cheeks and chin. Making a ‘fish face’ consists of sucking in the cheeks, and scrunching your lips. Try to hold this position for 5-10 seconds, relax, then repeat 5 times.
- Fill your mouth with air. This is also easy, trap the air in your cheeks and puff them out as much as possible. Hold this for 10 seconds and let the air out. Repeat 8-12 times.
- Say your vowels. Another fun one – first, relax your facial muscles in front of the mirror. Start with the letter A (you don’t have to say it aloud, just the gesture will do) and open wide! Follow it up with E, I, O, U and then repeat 10 times.
You will start to see results little by little with consistency!