7 Reasons to Use Aloe Vera for Diabetes
Aloe vera is a medicinal plant that has many uses in health and beauty care. This popular plant has found its way into homes all over the world, where people use it to treat all kinds of health and skin problems.
One of the main benefits of aloe vera is its ability to regulate blood sugar levels and fight diabetes. People have used it for centuries for this exact purpose, and now scientific research is proving that it works. Today, we’re going to show you 7 great reasons to use aloe vera for diabetes.
There are two different types of diabetes, and they vary in severity, so they both take different kinds of treatment. Aloe specifically works for type 2 diabetes. It can help keep a patient from becoming dependent on daily insulin injections.
Types of diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes: Type 1 diabetes is when someone’s body doesn’t produce the amount of insulin it needs. They’re completely dependent on insulin injections.
- Type 2 diabetes: This type of diabetes is more common in adults, and happens when someone’s cells stop being able to properly use the insulin the body produces.
How does aloe help fight diabetes?Aloe has certain characteristics that can lower blood sugar levels to help people with type 2 diabetes. But first you have to know how to best use this plant and consume it on a regular basis. We’ll give you all the details in this article.
You might be interested in: 7 Ways to Control High Blood Sugar Levels
What’s the relationship between aloe and diabetes?
Because of our modern lifestyle and a lot of other factors, diabetes has become one of the most common diseases in humans all over the world. The situation is very concerning to health experts. The number of people with high blood sugar just keeps on rising, and we aren’t making any lifestyle changes.
But because of the dangers that a disease like diabetes poses, health experts urge the importance of improving your lifestyle. This especially has to do with diet. It’s also good to consider some home remedies, and that’s where using aloe vera for diabetes comes in.
- Aloe can help regulate your blood sugar levels naturally. The gel from it controls glucose levels in the bloodstream, helping improve quality of life for people with diabetes.
- Regular aloe consumption can also improve your kidney and colon health. These are two of the organs most impacted by diabetes.
- Regular consumption of aloe in combination with a diet that’s low in carbohydrates can help to naturally slow the progression of diabetes.
- Taking two doses of aloe gel per day (5-15 ml) can significantly reduce your blood sugar levels.
Read more: 8 Carbohydrate-Rich Foods
Seven reasons to use aloe vera for diabetes1. Aloe contains glucomannan, which is key to reducing blood sugar levels thanks to its high soluble fiber content. Hemicellulose also reduces blood sugar effectively.
2. Other important components of aloe gel, like anthraquinones, organic phenols, and lectins are key to helping maintain low blood sugar.
3. In just two months, aloe can reduce your blood sugar levels by up to 50%.
4. Aloe helps your body get rid of built-up toxins and waste, further reducing excess sugar in the bloodstream.
5. Regularly using aloe vera for diabetes can help fight other associated problems, like ulcers, injuries, infections, and more. This is thanks to its high content of anti-oxidants.
6. Regularly using aloe also stimulates insulin production, which is especially helpful for people with type 2 diabetes.
7. Aloe is a natural product that you can safely use to fight diabetes, without any debilitating side effects.
How should you incorporate aloe into your diet?
- To reduce your blood sugar levels, you should try to consume only pure aloe gel fresh from the plant. You have to scrape the gel from between the plant’s leaves and eat a teaspoon of it every day. Once you get used to the flavor and texture, you can up the dosage to three teaspoons a day for best results.
- Another good option is to add aloe gel to juices and smoothies. It blends well with other ingredients and many people find this a more appetizing way to take it.