Aloe vera is a medicinal plant that has many uses in health and beauty care. This popular plant around the world has now found its way into most homes, where people use it to treat numerous health and skin problems.
One of the main benefits of aloe vera is its ability to regulate blood sugar levels and fight diabetes. It’s been used for centuries for this very purpose, and now scientific research is confirming its ability to do so. Today we’re going to talk about 7 reasons to use aloe vera for diabetes.
There are two different types of diabetes, and they vary in severity so each one must be treated differently. In this case, aloe can be used to treat type 2 diabetes and help keep a patient from becoming dependent on daily injections of insulin.
Types of diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes: Type 1 diabetes occurs when a patient’s body doesn’t produce the amount of insulin it needs, and they are completely dependent on receiving insulin injections.
- Type 2 diabetes: This type of diabetes is more common in adults, and occurs when the patient’s cells no longer correctly use the insulin produced by the body.
Why does aloe help fight diabetes?Aloe has certain characteristics that can lower blood sugar levels to help patients who are suffering from type 2 diabetes. To benefit from this, it’s important to first know how to best use this plant and consume it on a regular basis. This article will give you all the details.
What’s the relationship between aloe and diabetes?
Thanks to our modern lifestyle and numerous other factors, diabetes has become one of the most common diseases affecting the world’s population today. The situation is very worrisome to health experts as the number of people with high blood sugar continues to rise, and we’re not changing our lifestyle.
Because of the dangers that a disease like diabetes poses, health experts recommend improving your lifestyle, particularly when it comes to your diet. In addition, it’s also a good idea to consider some home remedies, and that’s where the aloe comes in.
- Aloe can help regulate your blood sugar levels naturally. The gel from this plant controls glucose in the bloodstream, helping improve the quality of life of those suffering from diabetes.
- Regular consumption of aloe can improve your kidney and colon health, two of the organs most affected by diabetes.
- Regular consumption of aloe in combination with a diet that’s low in carbohydrates can help slow the progression of diabetes naturally.
- Taking two doses of aloe gel per day, or 5 to 15 ml, can reduce your levels of blood sugar significantly.
Seven reasons to use aloe to treat diabetes
- 1. Aloe contains glucomannan, which is key to reducing blood sugar levels thanks to its soluble fiber content. Hemicellulose also effectively reduces blood sugar.
- 2. Other important components of aloe gel, like anthraquinones, organic phenols, and lectins are key to helping maintain low blood sugar.
- 3. In just two months, aloe can reduce yoru blood sugar levels by up to 50%.
- 4. Aloe stimulates the elimination of toxins and waste that accumulate in the body, further reducing excess sugar in the bloodstream.
- 5. Regular use of aloe as a treatment for diabetes can help fight other associated problems, like ulcers, wounds, infections, and more – thanks to its high content of anti-oxidants.
- 6. Regular use of aloe stimulates the secretion of insulin, which is especially helpful for patients with type 2 diabetes.
- 7. Aloe is a natural product that can be safely used to fight diabetes, without debilitating side effects.
How should you incorporate aloe into your diet?
- To reduce your blood sugar levels you should try to consume only pure aloe gel that’s fresh from the plant. To do this, you need to scrape the gel from between the plant’s leaves and eat a teaspoon of it every day. Once you get used to the flavor and texture, you can up the dosage to three teaspoons a day for best results.
- Another good option is to add aloe gel to juices and smoothies. It blends well with other ingredients and many people find this is a more appetizing way to consume it.