Do you want your home to have clean air and great energy? If so, you should have plants in your house. Besides the classic flower pots, there are some beautiful fruit trees that you can easily grow in your home.
This is a fantastic alternative that brings joy and offers organic fruit. Being able to grow your own organic fruit is a great way to avoid the huge amount of chemicals used in large supermarkets chains.
Also, the care that is required gives us an opportunity to care for ourselves, as well. Caring for plants will give us a break from other responsibilities and worries.
Gardening provides an ideal strategy to combat stress since we connect directly with something live without anything or anyone between us.
If you haven’t tried this activity yet, we suggest that you do. It’s an excellent way to disconnect, relax and care for something beautiful.
Nevertheless, not all fruit trees are suitable to grow indoors. Today, we want to suggest which ones will work the best. This way, you will avoid the frustration of trying something that won’t work out.
1. Brown Turkish Fig Fruit Tree
It’s true that fig trees are beautiful and give off a pleasant aroma, but you need to select a variety that is meant for growing indoors.
The best choice in this case is the brown Turkish fig tree, since it adapts to the climactic conditions of a house or apartment and it will self pollinate.
Consequently, it does not need the help of bees to give fruit. This way, you can enjoy the natural sweetness of the fig. You will find few fruits that are so tasty and so nutritious.
On the other hand, this tree won’t grow to be very large. It actually depends on the size of the container that you put the tree in.
Plus, it’s very easy to care for:
- You only have to water this plant once a week
- It does need natural sunlight, so place it in the brightest area that you can find and keep it away from drafts.
2. Meyer Lemon Tree
Of all the fruit trees that you can grown at home, the lemon tree is perhaps the most aromatic.
Also, its color will give a touch of joy to the room that will be converted into a special place. We have chosen the lemon tree for its size, since it’s a member of the mini tree group.
- It appreciates humidity, which is ideal for apartments and life in the city.
- However, it does need a minimum of 8 hours of sun, like most citrus trees.
Don’t forget to read: How to use citrus fruits to clean the house
3. Arbequina Olive Tree
This tree stand out because it doesn’t need much attention. Even though the leaves tend to drop, just put a wide base under the pot.
Set up the pot so that the leaves don’t harm the floor when they fall. There are plates and other commercialized things that you can purchase for this purpose. They are easy to clean and economical.
- You don’t need to water this tree a lot nor water with at a determined schedule.
- To know when to water it, just look at the top layer of the soil. When it’s dry, it’s time to water.
- When it comes to light, it is best that the plant receives light six hours daily. Before you know it, you’ll have olives in your house!
Do you want to know more? Read:8 plants that purify the air in your home
4. Mini red banana tree
We suggest this small variety because it’s the most suitable for indoors and it also provides edible bananas.
Just like other fruit trees that you can grow at home, it self pollinates.
- It needs a lot of water, but you should postpone watering until the soil is dry.
- It likes a lot of sunlight, so we advise that all parts of the plant receive the same amount of light.
Enjoy the benefits that these trees and other plants offer in the home. Having them provides a wonderful change in your health and a good environment in your living space.
Your family and visitors will notice their influence as soon as they enter.
Are you ready to enrich your life?