3 Magnesium-Rich Smoothies for Your Health: Amazing!
Take advantage of these delicious magnesium-rich smoothies to make sure you get enough of this important mineral in your diet.
Magnesium-rich smoothies are a great way of overcoming deficiencies of this mineral. In fact, it’s likely that you’re suffering from a lack of magnesium and don’t even know it. You shouldn’t forget that magnesium forms an important structural component of your bones, muscles, blood, and much of your bodily tissue. You need it to produce energy and synthesize countless proteins and fats.
It’s so important, that according to a study conducted at the University of Oregon, a magnesium deficiency can lead to a higher risk of high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease.
It’s worth keeping this in mind. You don’t need to be obsessive about it, but it’s a good idea to maintain a balanced diet without any missing nutrients. Now, so you can meet your daily requirement of magnesium, we want to share some very simple recipes with you. Why don’t you start preparing some of these magnesium-rich smoothies during the week?
You have three to choose from and they’re all delicious.
Magnesium-rich smoothies that you should add to your diet
After you spend between seven and 10 days consuming these smoothies, you’ll start to notice a change. Remember that in addition to including these natural beverages in your daily diet, you need to take care of the rest of your diet too.
In general, all leafy green vegetables, along with flax seeds and algae, are incredibly rich in magnesium and chlorophyll. These two nutrients will help you feel great!
You should notice the difference in the following ways:
- Fatigue is reduced
- Headaches and migraines start to disappear
- Constipation is a thing of the past
- Bone, joint, and muscle pain is reduced
- Hair and nails grow stronger
- Blood sugar levels stay under control
1. Banana, chocolate, and maple syrup smoothie
This is undoubtedly an energizing smoothie you can enjoy once a week. If it has too many calories, however, you can skip it.
- The recipe includes dark, unsweetened chocolate. The surprising thing is that you get half of the recommended magnesium in just 100 grams of 80% dark chocolate.
- In addition to that, we choose maple syrup over honey because it’s much richer in this mineral. Bananas, in their own right, are one of the most magnesium-rich fruits you can find.
Don’t miss out on this amazing smoothie, because the following combination will provide you with an incredible amount of this mineral.
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of dark cocoa powder
- A tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 cup of almond milk
- It’s very easy to make. Firstly, just peel the banana, cut it in to three pieces, and then add it to the blender along with the cup of almond milk (also rich in magnesium), the maple syrup, and the cocoa powder.
- After that, blend for a few seconds and serve.
2. Spinach, avocado, and strawberry smoothieThis magnesium-rich smoothie will be your best friend when it comes to starting your day off right. It is energizing and rich in antioxidants, fiber, and many other nutrients.
- Avocados can provide 15% of the recommended daily allowance of magnesium. If you mix in some spinach and strawberries you’ll boost this level even more.
- 1/2 avocado
- 8 strawberries
- 1 cup of spinach
- A cup of water
- And, finally, a tablespoon of honey
- Firstly, wash all the ingredients, especially the spinach, which can easily absorb pesticides.
- Once everything is clean, add the spinach leaves to the blender along with the strawberries and half an avocado. After that, add the water and honey, and blend well.
- Drink this every morning, as it’s very healthy.
3. Fig and almond milk smoothie
Figs, in addition to being an excellent source of calcium, have a high content of magnesium. They also fight osteoporosis, are delicious, and have fewer calories than you might think.
If it’s fig season where you live, pick a few and combine them with another magnesium-rich food: almond milk. Here’s how to prepare this incredible smoothie that’s rich in magnesium.
- 5 ripe figs
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seeds (2 g)
- A cup of almond milk (200 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (2 g)
- Firstly, peel the figs, and then add them to the blender along with the cup of almond milk and the sesame seeds, and blend for a few seconds.
- Finally, serve in your favorite glass and sprinkle the sugar on top.
This smoothie is simply spectacular. Don’t wait until tomorrow to prepare one of these excellent magnesium-rich smoothies.