16 Reasons Why You Should Drink Cucumber Juice
Cucumber juice is an ideal beverage for hydration. That makes it a great ally for purifying the body and losing weight
Cucumber, little by little, has become integrated into the diets and gastronomy of different cultures around the world.
It is low in sugars, fats and proteins. It is made up of mostly water since it represents up to 95% of its weight. This makes it light and hydrating.
We can consume it as pickles, in salads or as a juice. Also, because of their neutral flavor, it can be combined with other fruits and vegetables.
Benefits of cucumber juice
Cucumber juice has great health benefits for the body, has a rich flavor, is refreshing, nutritious and healthy.
- It helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Cucumber juice helps you avoid liquid retention, stopping weight gain.
- Also, it has very few calories which also helps with weight loss.
- It is a diuretic, ideal for stimulating kidney activity.
- Thanks to its high fiber content, especially in its seeds, it has laxative properties.
- It fights the effects of free radicals that cause premature aging.
- And, it is great for skin health.
- What’s more, it regulates digestion and protects digestive mucous.
- It strengthens your nails and helps with hair growth.
- Additionally, it helps to reduce uric acid.
- Overall, it strengthens the immune system.
Reasons to drink cucumber juice or cucumber water every day
If it is hard for you to drink the recommended daily amount of water, maybe you should try cucumber juice or water. It has a lot of benefits and is just as healthy as natural water.
1. Reduces fat
This natural drink helps to reduce the fat that accumulates on your hips and stomach. Also, because of its depurative and purifying properties, it helps to eliminate toxins.
With cucumber juice, you can counteract liquid loss since it provides us with a large amount of water and mineral salts.
If your skin is dry, cucumber water will give it the hydration and smoothness that it needs.
3. Reduces arterial pressure
Thanks to its fiber and mineral content, it is excellent for keeping your blood pressure at optimal levels.
4. Helps your muscles
The silicone found in cucumbers is beneficial for the muscles and helps to keep them in perfect condition.
5. Eliminates under eye bags
Cucumber is the perfect element for taking care of the appearance of your face. Because of its anti inflammatory properties you will be able to diminish and eliminate under eye bags and dark circles that form around your eyes.
6. Improve your gum health
Cucumber juice helps unhealthy gums get better. Also, thanks to its photo-chemicals, you will have nice, fresh breath.
7. Takes care of your hair and nails
Because of the silicone and sulfur that is found in cucumbers, its juice is ideal for making your hair and nails shiny, healthy and strong. They also stimulate their growth.
8. Helps you lose weight
Because of its low caloric index and texture, that makes it take longer to digest, cucumber water makes you feel satiated.
By combining it with fruits, cucumber juice can be a great ally for eliminating fat.
9. Reduces the risk of cancer
The cucurbitis action and the cucumber’s properties, like lignans, can fight off cancerous cells.
According to various studies, this can help reduce the risk of various types of cancer.
10. Fights heartburn
Because of its alkaline properties, it regulates the pH of our blood. Excessive acidity caused by the ingestion of some acidic foods weakens our organs.
11. Natural sun block
Drinking cucumber juice when we are at the beach or under the sun for a long time decreases the appearance of sun spots and sun burn.
Cucumber fights the appearance of wrinkles and rejuvenates your skin.
12. Low in calories
Drinking cucumber juice is recommended when you are dieting. As we have already stated, it doesn’t contain any fats and is low in calories and cholesterol.
Also, because of its diuretic functions, it helps to detoxify the body.
13. High vitamin content
Cucumber possesses a large concentration of vitamins C, A, E and B (B1, B2, B3). All of these are necessary for keeping your skin, bones, eyes and tissues healthy in the body.
14. Provides minerals
Cucumber contains beneficial minerals for the body such as magnesium, calcium or phosphorus. However, what it is most known for, is its potassium content.
This helps with the body’s vital functions. It strengthens your metabolism, regulates water content in the cells and keeps your organs and systems running normally.
15. Natural laxative
For those who suffer from constipation, cucumber is an excellent natural laxative. Because of its cleansing functions, it helps with the expulsion of impurities in the intestines and fights intestinal slowness.
Because of its mineral and water content, cucumber is one of the basic ingredients that is used in different masks and creams.
Cucumber juice recipes
With cucumber, we can make different, amazing juices. Also, by combining it with fruits, we can makes natural drinks that are even more beneficial.
1. Cucumber juice with pineapple, ginger, celery and lemon for weight loss
It has diuretic actions, helps eliminate liquids that accumulate in the body and, in general, influences weight gain.
It is a natural remedy that cleanses the body and improves your health.
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 cup of sliced pineapple (75 g)
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger (2 g)
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Peel the cucumber and cut into pieces.
- Wash the rest of the ingredients and blend them until you have a homogenous mixture.
- To finish, add the lemon juice and drink on an empty stomach.
- You can drink it for a week and then again after a 3 day break.
- When you have lost weight, continue drinking it 2 or 3 times a week.
2. Cucumber and lemon juice
Natural cucumber and lemon juice is a drink rich in medicinal, nutritional and curative properties.
- 1 large cucumber
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g) (Optional)
- Wash the cucumber and lemon well.
- Cut the cucumber into slices and put them in the blender.
- Add the lemon juice to the blender and combine until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Drink the juice soon after making it, a half hour before breakfast or a half hour before lunch.
- Drink three times a week.
3. Cucumber juice
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (20 g)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Peel the cucumbers, getting rid of the skin, and cut into small pieces.
- Put them in the blender, add the water and liquify until it is well blended.
- Strain it.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy a refreshing and healthy drink.
4. Cucumber and orange juice
- 2 cucumbers
- Juice from 12 small oranges
- 3 tablespoons of sugar (30 g)
- Peel the cucumbers, cut them up and put them in the blender with the orange juice.
- Add the sugar and liquify until you have a homogenous liquid.
5. Pineapple, cucumber and aloe vera smoothie for weight loss
A combination of cucumber with pineapple and aloe vera can be extremely depurative and diuretic.
- 2 cups of cubed pineapple
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 cups of aloe vera (400 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Put the pineapple and cucumber in the blender
- Then, add the aloe vera gel and water and process until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Drink this beverage on an empty stomach and another at night.