Why You Should Wash Your Face with Quinoa
Quinoa is an ingredient whose benefits can also be used externally since it calms irritation and prevents aging of the skin.
Did you know that you can wash your face with quinoa?
Quinoa is one of the “superfoods” that has become famous all over the world. For centuries, it’s been used by indigenous villages throughout Latin America, valued for it’s significant amount of nutrients.
Nowadays, it’s become important for those that have a plan for a healthy diet, given that it’s high in energy and represents an important source of essential amino acids and fiber.
What many people don’t imagine is that its uses go beyond the kitchen. Granted it’s very healthy when added to your diet, but it can also be used externally to benefit your skin.
Why should you use it for beauty? In this article, we’ll share with you it’s main properties and a simple treatment to benefit you.
Quinoa Benefits for Your Skin
Quinoa contains vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant compounds that benefit many aspects of your skin’s health. It’s a 100% natural anti-aging product that can correct a large amount of imperfections.
- It relies on a substance known as lysine, which interferes in the construction of elastin and collagen.
- Therefore, habitually using it stops damage and helps keep the skin firm.
Visit this article:4 Foods that Favor the Production of Collagen
It Repairs Damaged Skin
Because of its ability to promote the proper synthesis of collagen, quinoa is ideal to accelerate the cell regeneration process that repairs lesions in your skin.
Its high amount of proteins and antioxidants penetrate the tissue and alleviates the damage from sun and toxins.
It Calms Irritated Skin
Quinoa contains vitamin B3, also known as niacin-amide, which is ideal to calm irritation and redness in sensitive skin or skin that’s allergy-prone.
Using quinoa on your skin helps maintain optimal natural oil production, which prevents problems of dehydration or dryness.
It Fights Acne
Because of its quick anti-inflammatory and exfoliating effect, this ingredient can help treat acne. Applying it diminishes the presence of impurities in your pores and reduces the size of pimples.
It Prevents Premature Aging
Thanks to its ability to inhibit the negative effects of free radicals, quinoa is a huge help in preventing the appearance of spots, wrinkles, and other signs of premature aging.
Its phytochemicals create a protective barrier around your cells, diminishing the damage to the elasticity and firmness of your tissues.
It Reduces Spots
The B-complex vitamins in quinoa can reduce the dark pigmentation that forms in various parts of your face.
It’s recommended as a non-invasive alternative to clear your skin since, among other things, it contains tyrosine kinase inhibitors, which are enzymes that decrease pigmentation.
How to Make a Quinoa Facial Mask
Because of the popularity it’s gathered in recent years, you can find quinoa in any supermarket or health food store. In fact, there are personal care products that use this ingredient in some cosmetics.
To use it naturally, it’s important to soak it in hot water. This cleans and softens the quinoa, facilitating it’s skin usage.
- 1/2 cup of water (125 ml)
- 5 tablespoons of quinoa (60 g)
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
- Heat the cup of water.
- While it boils, grind the quinoa to create a soft powder.
- When the water begins to boil, add the quinoa and let it soak for 20 minutes.
- After the time is up, when it’s lukewarm or cold, add the honey.
- Apply it to your entire face.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes and massage it with gentle circular motions so that it is well-absorbed into your skin.
- After the 20 minutes is up, rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this process at least 3 times per week.
Also check out:5 Face Masks for Smooth and Youthful Skin
If you prefer to use this ingredient to exfoliate your skin, be sure to not grind the grains in order to get rid of dead skin and impurities.
- 2 tablespoons of quinoa (24 g)
- 2 tablespoons of argan oil (30 g)
- Mix the quinoa and argan oil until you have a thick, grainy paste.
- Spread the mixture all over your face, massaging it onto your skin with gentle circular motions.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, then rinse it off.
- Repeat this process once per week.
Have you included quinoa in your beauty routine? Now that you know its interesting benefits, don’t miss out on trying it!