5 Tricks to Fold Clothing and Have More Space in Your Wardrobe
To use the space in your closet much better, it’s essential to know how to fold clothing correctly. In addition, this way, it’ll be a lot easier for you to keep it tidy so you can later find the clothes you want to wear.
Today, we’re going to share a list of ideas and tips so that you learn to better organize your closet and make this seemingly impossible task easy. Take note!
Tips to organize and get more space in your closet
1. Roll up your T-shirts
Instead of folding them into rectangles, if you roll your T-shirts, you’ll save a lot of space in your wardrobe and you can fit more things. Remember that, in general, these garments don’t wrinkle.
2. Hang scarves or handkerchiefs on hangers
By doing it this way, you’ll find them more easily and they’ll occupy less space. After all, scarves and handkerchiefs are fine and delicate. Thus, hanging them is the best option for them to look better and to avoid damage. In addition, it’ll be easier to identify them!
3. When folding bedding, put all the pieces of a set in a pillowcase
This is a great idea, since it’ll be very neat and folded and won’t take up too much space. In addition, you make sure that everything is together in its place for each set of sheets.
You should also read: How to Get Rid of the Musty Smell from Clothes
4. Use small boxes to organize your underwear
In addition, you can also acquire organizers. This way, you’ll separate the sets and avoid spending time every day searching for a specific bra or piece of underwear. You can also take advantage of them to hold stockings or pantyhose in one of the compartments.
5. Buy a wardrobe with divisions
An organized closet is more pleasant and functional than having a pile of T-shirts, pants, and such scattered everywhere. Thus, to reduce the time you spend trying to fold clothes and make everything fit, it’s a good idea for your closet to have partitions.
Other ideas to get more closet space
- Remove garments and items that you don’t use. To make your life easier, it’s important to get rid of shoes, accessories, and other objects that take up space but you no longer need. Donating them is a great idea, and you’ll get a lot of room in your closet.
- Adding shelves can increase space for your accessories or shoes. This way, it’ll be easier to maintain an order and it’ll be much easier to find them.
- Use hooks and hangers: It helps to organize things better and, when hanging clothes, they occupy less space hung than folded.
- Place shoes in organizers. Opt for organizers that hang behind the door. Otherwise, they can occupy more than half of your closet. You can also place them in boxes under the bed. This way, they’ll be more ordered and they’ll be easier to find.
- Place bags and suitcases on the top shelves. Also do this for purses and high heels, which take up a lot of space if you put them on the floor of the closet.
- Only put seasonal clothes in the closet. Keep the others in boxes and keep them closed. That way, you’ll avoid taking up more space.
Devote some time to getting organized
It’s important to dedicate your time and have a basic level of organization. You’ll notice that the effort isn’t so great, and the reward is enormous. Just think that, whenever you want to look for a garment, you’ll easily find it and you won’t be looking for hours and riffling through the entire closet unsuccessfully.
However, don’t forget that some garments are more delicate or need special care. If they wrinkle a lot or stay all crumpled up, you’ll have to devote more time to fixing them. If you follow these tips, you’ll be taking care of your clothes and will have a lot more space in your closet.It might interest you...