Three Quick Ways to Clean Your Glass Vases
Learn three very useful, quick and effective techniques to clean glass vases at home. They will stay cleaner for longer, and will look better than if you used household cleaners.
Cleaning glass and crystal can be a frustrating task. Since they’re transparent and let in light, you can see dirt easily. In this article, we’ll tell you how to clean your glass vases thoroughly.
Clean Your Glass Vases with Natural Products
To thoroughly clean glass vases, you can use natural products that you usually have at home. Therefore, you don’t need to spend a lot of money or use harsh or polluting chemicals.
Technique 1: Vinegar, Coffee Grounds, and Soap
- White vinegar
- Coffee grounds
- Degreasing soap
- Small saucepan
- Small container
- First, heat two tablespoons of vinegar in a small saucepan on the stove for a few seconds until it’s hot.
- Then, add the coffee grounds to the vase and slowly add the hot vinegar.
- Mix it until it becomes a smooth paste. The coffee grounds need to have a little moisture to get the surface clean.
- Then, take a little of this preparation with the sponge and scrub the vase.
- Afterwards, rinse it with hot water until the vinegar and coffee are completely gone.
- Then, wash the container with your dish soap and let it air dry.
- Finally, if you see streaks, dry it with a clean and dry cloth.
Technique 2: Clean Glass Vases with Rice and Vinegar
Another way to clean glass vases is by making a mixture of rice, vinegar and anti-lime soap. This technique is useful for cleaning glass vases with a small opening where your hand can’t reach inside.
- First, put a handful of rice inside the glass vase.
- Then, cover it with warm water, cover the opening, and shake it vigorously so that the rice starch is distributed inside.
- When everything is distributed evenly, empty the water and rice, and discard them.
- If the spots haven’t disappeared, fill the vase with a mixture of vinegar and water and let it rest overnight.
- The next morning, remove the contents and clean the vase with dish soap and anti-scale soap (especially if the water in your area is very hard). Then, rinse and dry it with a clean and soft cloth.
Also read: 5 Natural Products to Shine Wooden Floors
Technique 3: Anti-acids and Hot Water
If you want to eliminate acid stains from your glass vases, we’ll tell you how to do it quickly and efficiently.
You just need:
- Hot water
- Effervescent antacid tablet
- Dishwasher soap
- First, fill the glass jar completely with hot water. However, don’t let it boil because the glass could explode.
- Then, add the antacid tablet and let it fizz for about 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes have passed, empty it out, and clean with water and a few drops of soap.
- Finally, dry it with a clean kitchen towel or even a paper towel so they don’t leave streaks.
- In fact, you will notice right away that the stains are gone.
Did you know some of these techniques already? Share them with your friends and family so they also know how to properly clean their glass vases!