The Best Natural Remedies to Help Detox Your Liver
Whilst following this natural treatment to detox your liver, it's important to avoid consuming anything that could do harm, such as alcohol or fast food.
A poorly functioning liver will slow down the metabolism of fats and therefore slow down weight loss. That’s why it’s really important to pay attention to your to spot possible problems and detox your liver.
If you feel tired, irritable, or uncomfortable for a day or two, it might be nothing. But if this happens frequently, it’s time to consider changing your habits and get to work detoxifying your body.
A detox is the only way you’ll get rid of toxins from your body.
It’s a good idea to carry out a detox a few times a year, whether or not you have liver problems, as it’ll bring great health benefits.
Furthermore, many people claim that they feel tired all the time. You might be chronically tired, and this could be a sign that there’s something wrong with your liver.
Other signs of possible liver imbalances are:
- The skin takes on a sickly, yellow tone, which obviously isn’t its natural color.
- Your urine has become very dark, much more than you would normally expect when you haven’t drunk enough water.
- Your stool might seem very dark, with a tarry consistency, seem very pale, or contain spots of blood.
The properties of parsley for cleansing your liver
Parsley is a herb with medicinal uses. It’s generally used to treat afflictions caused by a poor liver, whether caused by excess alcohol, or very fatty foods which can irritate it.
Parsley has always been widely recommended due to its diuretic properties. It cleanses the liver and helps its natural regeneration process.
As a result, it removes toxins and aids the process of purifying the excess water in the body through urine.
- 1 teaspoon of parsley (5 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- Heat the water and add the parsley.
- Leave it to boil for 15 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Leave it sit for 20 minutes and then drink.
- For the maximum efficacy, drink a glass every day for a week.
Medicinal parsley and celery juice to improve your liver
It’s very important to detox your liver regularly to keep it functioning well. By doing this, you stimulate the breakdown of fats in your body and will improve the functioning of all your body’s organs and systems.
The following recipe will help restore your liver’s natural functions in just 5 days.
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- The juice of 2 lemons
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 3 sticks of celery
- First, wash all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Then pour all the ingredients into a blender.
- Process for 3 minutes and serve.
- Drink this twice a day – first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and later before going to bed.
Green apple and celery smoothie to detox your liver
Green smoothies are healthy drinks that have become famous for their detox properties.
They help to cleanse and detoxify the body to prevent illness, reduce bad cholesterol (LDL), regulate blood sugar levels, give a feeling of satiety, and provide the body with important vitamins and minerals.
Green vegetables made into green smoothies are the best choice for cleansing your liver.
Many smoothies combine the perfect properties to help alleviate a myriad of illnesses, including liver problems, and leave your body much healthier.
How many apples do you eat a day?
It’s recommended that you eat a green apple every day for breakfast.
They’re the best choice as they reduce blood sugar levels and are the most beneficial. In addition, they’re often recommended for cleansing the liver because of their amazing level of antioxidants.
Apples also contain malic acid, which helps prevent liver and kidney stones.
- 1 apple, chopped into quarters
- 2 sticks of celery
- 3 cups of water (750 ml)
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and process for 3 minutes.
- Drink a glass of this delicious smoothie after every meal.
One special piece of advice: while you carry out this liver detox diet, you must avoid junk food, as well as very fatty foods and alcoholic drinks, for one week.