Breakfasts are fundamental in a balanced diet, especially if you’ve got a high-energy lifestyle. In this article, we’ll share the 7 best breakfasts to fill you with energy and vitality before exercising.
The importance of breakfast
Many people don’t eat breakfast because of lack of appetite, lack of time, laziness or a false idea of wanting to lose weight.
However, this meal is the most important of the day, as it helps us to start the day with energy, vitality and a good mood. Also, having a good breakfast actually helps you lose weight.
7 best breakfasts for sports
1. Banana smoothie
Smoothies are healthy and delicious breakfasts that allow us to add superfoods to our drinks almost without realizing it. They’re usually made with fruits and some vegetables (celery, beet, etc.), coconut oil, maca, cinnamon, ginger, etc.
Banana are an excellent fruit for the main ingredient of our smoothie, since they’re sweet and creamy.
- They combine well with all types of fruits and provides a good amount of vitamin B6 and minerals such as potassium and magnesium.
- Plus, it’s a very energetic food that’s suitable for before practicing sports.
Visit this article: 6 Benefits of Green Bananas That You Probably Don’t Know About
Granola is a healthy and energetic alternative to breakfast cereals. It’s made with toasted oats, seeds, nuts, dehydrated fruits and honey, in most cases.
- The result is a crunchy and delicious food that you can combine with any milk or a vegetable drink.
- Its ingredients are also a great source of energy for athletes.
You can buy the granola or make it at home. However, make sure it doesn’t contain sugars or hydrogenated fats.
3. Whole toast with avocado
If you’re a bread lover, we recommend opting for one that is whole wheat or has seeds. Today, you can find oatmeal, kamut, rye, spelled, buckwheat, etc.
- The best accompaniment to toast is avocado, a superfood that’s rich in vitamins, minerals, protein, essential fatty acids and fiber.
- You can add it in pieces or beat it in the form of cream with some condiments to our liking (olive oil, coconut oil, vinegar, lemon, cayenne pepper, garlic, etc.).
4. Coffee with ghee
It’s not advisable to exercise while fasting. However, there are people who still do it. For these cases, or for when the exercise is mild, you can prepare a nutritious coffee with ghee as a coffee with milk.
Ghee is clarified butter that’s free of harmful substances such as toxins, hormones, lactose, etc. In contrast, its flavor is very concentrated and contains a large amount of vitamins.
- 1 cup of coffee (100 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (20 g)
- Stevia or honey (to taste)
What should you do?
- Just beat the coffee with the ghee butter and sweeten it to taste. You can drink it cold or hot.
5. Omelette sandwich
For people with traditional tastes, with preference for sandwiches, we recommend choosing a good wholemeal bread and eggs as a source of protein and healthy fat.
- You can prepare the bread the Catalan way, smearing tomato on the slices and seasoning it with olive oil.
- Eggs are a source of vitamins A, B, D and E, and minerals such as phosphorus, iron, potassium or magnesium.
It’s an ideal food for breakfasts before sports.
Do you want to know more? Read: Delicious Recipe for Artisan Bread
6. Chickpea pancakes
Chickpea flour offers many options for eating vegetables at breakfast without realizing it. Chickpea is rich in protein, carbohydrates and fiber, as well as vitamins A, B6, C, E and K, and calcium, zinc, potassium and phosphorus, among other minerals.
- With chickpea flour, you can make different recipes in the same way you would with wheat flour.
7. Oatmeal waffles
Do you like waffles? If the answer is yes, but you avoid them because they’re not very healthy, we recommend you try these waffles made with oats.
It’s best to make them in a special device or a waffle maker. However, they can also be prepared in a sandwich maker or in a pan.
- Oatmeal is an ideal cereal for before sports, because it provides a lot of energy without overstimulating the body.