Multiple jobs and a lack of time can make people accumulate too many clothes and accessories in their closets.
This not only looks unattractive – it also makes it hard to find what you want to wear when you need it.
Sometimes your spaces are so filled up that it seems like your drawers can’t possibly hold another item.
In reality you’ve utilized your space so poorly that every spare inch appears to be lost.
In today’s article we want to give you 17 good ideas to help you organize your closet today so you don’t waste any more time.
Get started now!
1. Roll your t-shirtsDo you hate folding your shirts? Instead of just stuffing them in a drawer, carefully roll them and store them side by side.
This trick won’t just make it easier to find the one you want, it also prevents them from getting wrinkled.
2. Use hooks for bootsTall boots can take up a lot of space, and you might not know how to protect them from getting damaged.
Instead of storing them in a boot box or something similar, buy small hooks and hang them on the wall inside your closet.
3. Vertical shirt storageIf you’re skilled enough to fold your shirts into squares, try storing them vertically in your drawers to make it easier to find them based on color and style.
4. Use tubes for smaller itemsA few round containers or cardboard tubes can be used to store small items like handkerchiefs, scarves, and belts.
5. Reuse wooden boxesA wooden box of fruit or an old dresser is a great place to store your underwear and smaller clothing items.
You can add dividers to sort these items and separate them by color.
6. Store your scarves on hangersHangers are a great way to store scarves or other accessories that tend to turn into a mess inside drawers.
This way you’ll always have them on hand and won’t have to spend a long time searching for the color and style you want.
7. Use soda cap ringsCan a simple soda cap ring help double your closet space? Of course! That item you throw out immediately can save you a lot of space if you use it as we show in the photo.
8. Curtain ringsThe rings that usually come with the curtains you buy for your home are another good way to manage and optimize your space.
Put your clothes in the rings and hang them on the rod in the closet.
9. Use wine boxes for separatorsAnother way to recycle is to take old wine boxes and use their separators as shoe storage.
10. Make PVC shoe racksLarge PVC piping leftover from home improvement projects can be used to create a unique shoe rack.
You’ll need to fix them to the wall and use some different colored paint to make them look nice.
11. Hang your shoesYou can find shoe hangers in most stores for organizing your collection.
You’ll save a ton of space!
12. Organize your underwearThere are plenty of useful dividers available for keeping your underwear drawer tidy.
13. Ladder storageAn old ladder can be transformed into a ledge with support for hangers. You can store boxes and accessories on the rungs while using the edges for hanging clothing.
14. Hangers made with colored ribbonsRibbons of various colors can be wrapped around the hangers for your clothes.
This can help you sort things and also stop clothing from slipping or stretching while on the hanger.
15. Hangers with rubber bandsYou can use a pair of rubber bands to keep your clothes from falling off the hanger.
16. Clothing organizersIf you don’t have any more space inside your drawers, buy a clothing organizer and hang it on the back of the door to sort your clothes and accessories.
17. Bag supportInstead of hanging your handbags on individual hooks, buy or build an organizer to free up more space and make it look more orderly.
Do you like the above ideas? Try them today and organize your closet to stop complicating your life.