Five Natural Remedies to Remove Neck Wrinkles
Eliminating neck wrinkles could be a necessity for those who view them as an aesthetic problem. They usually appear as a consequence of the passage of time, but may also show up due to weight gain or loss in a short period, among other reasons.
To minimize their appearance, there are several popular home remedies. Although lacking in scientific backing, they may help eliminate neck wrinkles when complemented with a healthy lifestyle and beauty routine.
Why do neck wrinkles appear?
There are several factors that promote the formation of wrinkles on the neck and other areas of the body. These include:
- A sedentary lifestyle.
- Poor nutrition.
- Poor skincare.
- Drastic weight gain or loss in short periods of time.
All of these factors cause the dermis to become progressively drier and thinner. Therefore, it also becomes less resistant and prone to wrinkling.
In addition, expression lines may also appear prematurely on the skin. These result from habitual, unconscious movements such as frowning, laughing, or squinting.
Natural remedies to remove neck wrinkles
Although they lack scientific evidence, according to popular beliefs, the natural remedies described below could help to eliminate neck wrinkles.
Note: If you decide to apply them, keep in mind that they won’t be effective by themselves. In fact, you must also ensure you maintain good lifestyle habits. For example, eat healthily, keep hydrated, and exercise daily if you want to notice an improvement.
1. Brewer’s yeast and yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of natural yogurt (24 g).
- 1 tablespoon of brewer’s yeast (10 g).
- 3 teaspoons of wheat germ oil (15 g).
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply it to the skin on your neck and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with plenty of warm water.
- For optimal results, it’s a good idea to repeat the procedure at least three times a week.
2. Egg white
- Beat an egg white in a bowl and apply it to the skin on your neck.
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with plenty of water and repeat the process two times a week to help diminish or eliminate neck wrinkles.
3. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg yolk.
- A few drops of apple cider vinegar (10 ml).
- A capsule of vitamin E (optional).
- Mix all the ingredients together until they’re completely integrated.
- Spread onto the skin of your neck with cotton wool in an upward direction.
- Leave on for a few minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Note: Dermatologists suggest that it’s not recommended to apply apple cider vinegar directly on the skin. That’s because it’s a really aggressive product that can cause various adverse reactions, such as irritation, redness, itching, etc.
On the other hand, some believe that diluting it in water can be less aggressive. Nevertheless, it’s best to avoid this type of remedy or at least use a minimal amount of vinegar if you want to use it to lessen or eliminate neck wrinkles.
4. Avocado oil
Avocado oil is rich in healthy fats. When applied to the skin, it can help to moisturize and improve its appearance.
If you want to use it to remove neck wrinkles, it’s a good idea to massage your neck with a little oil every night. Leave it on your skin for about 15 minutes. Finally, rinse it off.
5. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a plant that’s been used for all kinds of issues as it has various medicinal properties. For this reason, some people have also used it to eliminate wrinkles on the neck.
- 1 aloe vera or aloe vera stalk.
How to make it
- Extract the aloe vera gel and wash it with plenty of water to remove the aloe latex.
- Apply it to the skin on your neck.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Read this article: Natural Gel for Treating Stretch Marks, Wrinkles, Burns and Blemishes
Additional steps to eliminate neck wrinkles
Although there’s no single (and definitive) formula to eliminate neck wrinkles, several lifestyle habits can contribute to delaying their appearance. One of them is skin hydration – the application of moisturizing creams daily.
The skin on your neck is poor in sebaceous glands. This makes it prone to dehydration and the formation of early wrinkles. Consequently, it’s extremely important to have a daily moisturizing routine.
In addition, you should make sure to drink at least four glasses of water a day. This will provide your body with the hydration it needs to carry out cellular processes normally.
Another of the best habits to adopt to take care of your skin and reduce the risk of developing premature wrinkles is to wear sunscreen daily, even when it’s cloudy.
Remember that prolonged or frequent exposure to the sun’s rays accelerates skin aging. Furthermore, protecting it will also prevent other skin diseases.
In addition, there are some really simple exercises you can do to keep your facial muscles firm and, consequently, the skin on your neck. Here are some of them:
- Move the corners of your lips, stretching them toward both sides of your face. You can alternate one side and then the other or do both at the same time.
- Stick your tongue out as far as possible for several seconds. This works the muscles under your jaw (jowl area).
- Lift up your jaw and stretch it as much as possible several times.
- Make lateral movements, turning your head until your chin is aligned with your shoulder. Then, tilt your head, bringing your ear toward the opposite shoulder. Alternate between sides.
Finally, it’s extremely important to also take care of your diet if you want to prevent, combat, and eliminate unpleasant neck wrinkles.It might interest you...