How to Hydrate your Hair Naturally
Your hair is very important, because, in many ways it defines who you are. However, like any other part of your body, you need to look after it in order for it to look healthy and beautiful. In regards to this, there are different options. That is why today we are giving you some tips on how to hydrate your hair naturally, as well as how to oxygenate it so that it looks amazing.
Why should you hydrate your hair?
It’s important to hydrate your hair because it needs certain conditions in order to be healthy, strong, and beautiful. If it isn’t hydrated properly, your hair will be weak, brittle, dull, tangled, and will fall out easily. In general, the causes of your hair being like this are poor diet, the sun’s rays, or harmful agents like the chlorine in swimming pools.
How to hydrate your hair
There are many ways to hydrate your hair. However, you should always keep one thing in mind. In order to get the best results, and to have consistently healthy hair you need to take care of yourself in other ways too. Applying these tips to hydrate your hair won’t do anything if you don’t look after your health.
So, in order for your hair to be properly hydrated, the following tips are very useful:
- Have a good and balanced diet
- Drink a good amount of water, at least four pints a day
- Eat fruit, vegetables, and foods that are rich in vitamin B
- Eat legumes, dried fruits, and foods that have vitamin E, as well as olive oil
- Take vitamin B12 supplements to hydrate your hair better
- Apply hydrating or regenerating masks to your hair. Capillary treatments are also good
- Use special shampoos and conditioners. These will help hydrate your hair.
- Don’t use products that contain alcohol because these can seriously damage your hair
Read more: 6 Vitamins You Must Have in Your Diet
Other tips to hydrate your hair
In order to get the best results, we suggest the following:
- When you apply a treatment, you can wrap your hair in a moist towel that has been heated in the microwave beforehand. As a result, it will have a humid effect thanks to the steam
- Two very effective products for hydrating your hair are olive oil and yogurt. You can leave both of these in for around two hours and then remove afterwards.
- It is very important that you overuse the hairdryer or hair straightener, because both burn and damage your hair. Neither do we recommend putting your hair up when it is wet.
Why and how to oxygenate your hair
Just like good hydration, oxygenating your hair is also good, because it will help make it look better and be healthier. Oxygen helps regenerate your scalp and cells. In order to oxygenate your hair, there are a few options. Unfortunately, most of them should be done professionally because there aren’t very many home remedies for this.
Read more: Caring for Your Scalp Every Day
For this reason, it’s best to see a specialist who will guide you and recommend the best treatment to oxygenate your hair.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- WebMD. Olive Oil. https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-233/olive
- Gregory, J. F. (2017). Vitamins. In Fennema’s Food Chemistry. https://doi.org/10.1201/9781315372914
- Finner, A. M. (2013). Nutrition and Hair. Deficiencies and Supplements. Dermatologic Clinics. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.det.2012.08.015
- Watts, D. L. (1990). Nutrient interrelationships: minerals – vitamins – endocrines. Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine.