How to Clean Your Deep Fryer Easily
To clean your deep fryer successfully, the first thing you have to bear in mind is safety. Then, you must follow a few steps that will ensure the desired result.
Do you want to clean your deep fryer easily?
A deep fryer is a small appliance that’s very useful for making tasty French fries. It’s also the perfect way to make fried chicken and breaded recipes.
There are domestic and industrial fryers, which are also widely used in bars and restaurants. However, there’s a downside to this great domestic kitchen ally: it builds up a lot of grease and cleaning it is no easy task.
Nevertheless, it’s essential to clean your deep fryer regularly, not only for the appliance to run better and last longer, but also to protect your health.
Below, discover four useful methods.
How to Clean Your Deep Fryer in Four Steps
1. Wash the deep fryer basket.
The deep fryer basket is one of the easiest parts to clean as it can be easily removed. In most cases, it can even be put in the dishwasher.
- To wash this accessory, you can also use hot water and dishwashing soap. It’s advisable to use a scouring sponge or a brush to remove the grease.
- If the deep fryer basket is very dirty, you can soak it for several hours in a container full of hot water and degreaser. Once the grease breaks loose, you’ll be able to clean it easily.
2. Wash the inside of the deep fryer.
- There’s a very useful trick to clean the inside of your deep fryer. Simply use a plastic spatula to remove any grease buildup. This way, you won’t scratch it and the subsequent cleaning will be much easier.
- The second step is to wash the inside of your deep fryer. There are several options to do this. One is to fill it with water and degreaser as if you were filling it with oil and plug it in and turn on the deep fryer so it boils for a few minutes. Another option is to boil water with detergent in a pot and then pour it into the fryer. In either case, you need to let the water sit for a few minutes to an hour until the grease breaks loose.
- After that time, you can remove the water and refill the deep fryer with clean water and degreaser.
- Then, clean it with a brush to remove any remaining dirt and fill it with water one last time.
- Finally, remove all the water and dry with a clean cloth.
Vinegar and Baking Soda: Two Great Cleaning Allies
Vinegar and baking soda are useful when it comes to cleaning fryers. Thanks to their properties, they help remove grease residue.
Vinegar is a great ally for cleaning your fryer. The process is simple:
- Fill the deep fryer with a cup of vinegar and water.
- Then, cover the appliance and turn it on until the mixture boils.
- Boil for about ten minutes or more if the deep fryer is very dirty.
- After that, remove all the water and remove the remaining grease with the help of a clean, soft cloth.
- Finally, rinse with water and dry with a clean, dry cloth.
Baking soda also works wonders when it comes to cleaning grease from deep fryers. To do this:
- Make a paste by mixing baking soda with water and apply it in the dirtiest areas.
- Then, scrub with a soft toothbrush and finally rinse with water and dry with a clean cloth.
You should definitely read: How to Use Lemon and Other Natural Cleaning Products
How to Clean the Outside of a Deep Fryer
To clean the outside of your fryer, you can use a sponge, hot water, and dishwashing soap or a mild degreaser. However, it’s very important to read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully, as each fryer is different.
Some parts can get wet, while others can’t. Thus, it’s essential to identify them before proceeding to clean the outside of your deep fryer. As with any appliance cleaning operation, safety is always the top priority.
If the outside of your fryer is also very dirty, you can use a stronger degreaser, like the one used to clean ovens. However, remember to check the instructions first!
If you clean your deep fryer regularly, it’ll run better and last a lot longer.