Four Ways to Disinfect Kitchen Towels
The things you use most in the kitchen aren’t your pans nor your microwave, but actually your kitchen towels. You can find many different types made from cotton, synthetic fiber, microfiber, or absorbent paper. Regardless of what material they’re made of, the fact of the matter is that they all get dirty.
Washing your kitchen towels effectively can be tricky because many times the give off a very bad smell. If you’re also concerned about your family’s health due to the accumulation of bacteria and microbes, you can rest easy. In this article, learn to disinfect your kitchen towels with a few tricks.
The Best Ideas to Clean Your Kitchen Towels to Perfection
The mold, moisture, germs, bacteria, and microbes will disappear if you follow this advice. The effects are almost immediate. You’ll be amazed!
Ammonia can help you with multiple chores.
- Place all the kitchen towels in a basin with a few drops of ammonia.
- Let them soak there for a few hours so they loosen the dirt.
- Then, take the towels out and put them in the washing machine. Make sure not to mix your towels with other clothes. Don’t use fabric softener.
Take a look at this article: Try This Natural Citrus Floor Cleaner
Almost everyone washes their kitchen towels in the washing machine. However, a good way to wash them is to use your dishwater’s high temperatures.
They’ll be completely cleaned and disinfected.
- All you have to consider is how to place them inside.
- Try to make sure they don’t get tangled inside nor reach the blades.
3. Boiling water
Boiling water helps release the dirt and grease embedded in the towels. It’s one of the most commonly used techniques.
- To do this, heat a pot of water until it boils and then pour it into a basin that supports high temperatures.
- Put the towels inside the basin. Add some detergent and bleach and let them soak for a couple of hours until the water cools.
- Rinse with water and either hang them outside or put them in the dryer.
Vinegar helps eliminate unpleasant odors and is also a natural disinfectant.
Although vinegar aggressively kills bacteria, it won’t damage your kitchen towels.
- Just as in the previous case, prepare a basin with hot water. Put the towels inside, add a good amount of vinegar, and let them soak for a few hours.
- After that, rinse them with water and let them air dry.
Discover: 6 Forgotten Places to Clean in Your Home
Practical Tips for Your Kitchen Towels
In addition to good cleaning techniques, you should use your kitchen towels the right way. You should keep these tips in mind every time you go to your kitchen:
- Don’t use the same kitchen towel for everything. You should have different kitchen towels for your cutting boards, to clean the surfaces, and to dry your hands, among other things.
- Don’t dry your hands right after handling raw food: wash them beforehand.
- Use your towels to clean surfaces whenever you need to, but rinse them afterward with water. Wash your towels before letting them dry. If you don’t, more germs will accumulate.
- Dry your kitchen towels properly and don’t make a ball out of them. It’s better to stretch them out or hang them.
- You have to make sure to wash your kitchen towels with very hot water.
- Take advantage of the sunlight. The sun can help you remove nasty stains. Hang your kitchen towels where they’re in direct sunlight. Fruit or vegetable stains will disappear like magic.
The Difference between Cleaning and Disinfecting
“Cleaning” and “disinfecting” are different things. Cleaning requires the use of soap and water to remove dirt and some germs. However, it doesn’t eliminate all of them from a surface or item.
You need stronger solutions to disinfect and eliminate almost all microbes, bacteria, and germs.
If you clean every day, you’ll have a clean and safe kitchen to cook your food. However, it’s advisable to disinfect surfaces, kitchen towels, and cutting boards with more aggressive products to ensure you don’t get sick due to germs.
As you’ve seen, there are many ways to disinfect your kitchen towels. Don’t hesitate to try them out today!It might interest you...