Four Solutions to Get Rid of Mold in Your Bathroom
If there's mold in your bathroom, try to ventilate the room well and use the following remedies to get rid of it.
Unfortunately, having mold in your bathroom is a common problem due to the humidity of this environment. Furthermore, it’s enhanced when there’s little to no ventilation. If this is the case in yours, then you’ll need to learn some techniques to be able to get rid of it.
In addition to providing ventilation, make sure to fix any leaks and identify other sources of moisture there may be, as these kinds of situations provide the perfect environment for mold to grow in just a matter of days.
Finally, don’t forget to place good thermal insulation, and to have optimal lighting in the place. Natural light is the best. Additionally, consider installing an extractor or a dehumidifier.
That said, let’s take a look at some ways to get rid of mold in your bathroom.
Five Ways to Wipe Out the Mold in Your Bathroom
Even if you keep a lot of these things in mind, the possibility of mold growth is high. Some kinds of mold are highly toxic and damaging to our health.
It’s for this reason that you should take immediate action to remove it. Continue reading for our simple and quick tricks on how to get rid of the mold in your bathroom.
1. Vinegar-Borax Solution to Eliminate Mold
- 2 tbsp of borax
- ¼ c. vinegar
- 2 c. hot water
Discover: 8 Creative Ways to Use Borax at Home
- First, combine all ingredients in a spray bottle and apply it to the mold.
- Then, while wearing gloves and a mask to protect your airways, remove the mold with the thick side of a sponge, rinsing it as you go.
- Then, spray the solution over the stain again.
- Finally, ventilate the area and wait for the stain to dry. From here, consider the most appropriate treatment to prevent recurring mold and, in addition, you can cover the treated area with paint.
Another excellent way to get rid of mold in your bathroom ceiling is to use vinegar, a powerful ally when it comes to cleaning. Preferably, opt for straight white vinegar.
- Fill a spray bottle to apply the vinegar to the mold.
- Then, follow the same previous procedure.
Important: Vinegar should never be mixed with bleach, as the chemical reaction produces highly toxic gases.
3. Tea tree oil
This is one of the most powerful natural disinfectants out there. With a simple preparation that includes this ingredient, you can eliminate mold your bathroom naturally and quickly.
- 2 tbsp tea tree oil
- 2 c. water
- Fill a spray bottle with the tea tree oil solution and follow the same procedure as above.
- In just a few minutes, the mold will begin to disappear. Once it’s gone, the wall will be ready for a new coat of paint.
Read this article: Tea Tree Oil: the Amazing Oil that Provides Many Benefits
4. Hydrogen Peroxide
Even though this is not as powerful as the previous solutions, hydrogen peroxide also has an antibacterial effect that can work to your advantage. Furthermore, it’s also a very convenient way to erase minor stains.
- Fill a spray bottle with Hydrogen Peroxide and spray directly on the mold.
- Then, let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, scrub with a brush to remove the mold debris. Repeat the application as many times as you need.
As you see, mold is a respectable enemy, but it’s not invincible. The appropriate weapons are all you need!