In today’s world, because of lack of time, long work day, different occupations, and worries, our diet is more and more superficial and less nutritive.
Today’s agenda contains canned foods, sodas, concentrated juices, and instant soups; nothing is natural. This pushes vegetables, fruits, and fiber to the side, and replaces them with fast food and fatty foods.
Eating homemade food with healthy ingredients is difficult, as the best food becomes the fastest and most appetizing. This also happens with kids, who eat more and more sweets, soft drinks, hamburgers, and french fries. And the consequence? Obesity that affects more people in the world every day.
We need to learn to eat healthfully, and not to slowly poison our bodies. Let’s invest in our health today, to avoid complications tomorrow. The body is affected by what we provide it with, and it all leads to negative effects sooner or later.
Of course, there are foods that cause more weight gain than others, and they are usually the most tempting.
Which foods are they?
Below, we will mention the foods that cause the most weight gain in the least amount of time.
1. Fast food, hamburgers, french fries, pastries, pizza.
2. Pasta by itself doesn’t cause a lot of problems, but if we eat them with a lot of sauce, condiments, or cheeses, they do. What truly causes weight gain is what we eat our pasta with.
3. Processed meats, deli meats, and sausages, as these contain saturated fats, sodium, and calories.
4. Salads are very healthy, but just like pasta, do not make this mistake. Salads are good, but without too much dressing. You can eat a salad that appears healthy, but by adding condiments or other additions, this considerably increases their calories.
5. Fried foods: it’s best to eat foods that are steamed, cooked on the griddle, baked, grilled, or sauteed. Fried foods absorb a lot of oil. Frying foods increases their calories.
6. Sugar-sweetened drinks are also included in this list.
7. Products made with refined flour and sugar.
8. White chocolate contains the most sugar, and therefore, causes the most weight gain.
Have you ever eaten something, and wanted to eat more and more, without being able to stop? Well, this has an explanation: there exists a certain component, added in large amounts to salty, processed, canned, frozen, packaged foods, fast food and Chinese food, etc.
Even though it is found naturally in some foods, like those that contain proteins, dairy, meat, and various vegetables. It is called Monosodium glutamate, a flavor enhancer that is very addictive. That’s why, for example, after eating a bag of french fries, we can’t stop until we’ve finished them all.
This ingredient makes food taste simply delicious. They’ve even created a new taste called “umami”, which means tasty in Japanese, as a result of adding this component to foods.
This addiditve could provoke an obsession for foods that contain it, generating the appearance of overweight, or other illnesses like hypertension, heart disease, and others.
Monosodium glutamate defenders affirm that these charged negative effects lack scientific evidence.
Since we can’t get away from this component because it is found naturally in certain foods, the doubt takes hold as to whether it is good to add this to prepared foods, and in what amounts.
In life we must fight for a lot of things, and this doesn’t exclude our weight. The idea of enjoyment isn’t totally prohibited, but we need to be conscious that giving ourselves this pleasure today will mean burning residual fats tomorrow, if we want to keep a healthy weight.
Remember that in order to lose 1 kilo of fat, you need to burn around 7,800 calories. If you’re ever in doubt, it’s always best to choose the most natural foods, and therefore the most healthy foods for your body.